What Drum Corps means to me...

OMG! Its an Olds that I got too! I thought it was going to be a beast too (I definetly thought it would be more of a beast than the beast my horn was last year...G Bugle Baritone [3 valves]....geez was that thing something to live with) but, the horn was (still is) relitively light, and pretty easy to hold, in a way i wish I could actually march a season on it, but I've always liked "older" things. (some of my friends say im an 'old soul')

OMG! Its an Olds that I got too!

Well just for reference then as others have mentioned it on the threads.

If it has the (usual) shiney finish that all horns have today, it's the Olds Ultratone.

A few had the flat/matte finish and were the Olds Duratone. From what I read the these horns had an imperfect finish when made so were lightly sandblasted to even out the look and were sold cheaper. My old corps had these and have only seen one on eBay over the years. (And stupidly I don't have a good pic of my old horn. :ninja: )

Only problem we had was some horns had a plastic piece between the rotor and lever used to play the rotor. A few broke but can't remember why.

Hmm....yeah the rotary comes off from time to time on my horn, the screws come off thats why. But, Im mechanical, so when whenever it does break I can fix it.