Instructor's caucus

Or they feel differently than you (and Tim). I highly doubt they refused discussion because they knew Tim was right (whether he is or not), and they hope none of us notice. Sorry, but that is just a silly assumption.

When they refuse to say anything, they certainly leave it to everyone else to decide for themselves.

Some attempt at an official explanation of how amplification is judged would've been nice. Instead, it appears that DCI is prepared to head into yet another season without explaining just how (or if) it is judged at all.

Edited by Tekneek

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The self-serving nature and condescending attitude of that bunch has turned me off completely. When a man that can barely string together two coherent sentences has more "cred" with his proposals than Tim's proposals, there is something wrong.

If their vision of drum corps is so wonderful, they should be willing to defend it and explain away all questions, doubts, and concerns. Instead, they shut their mouths because they know something is wrong with the cheese and hope that a lot of people don't catch a bad sniff of the rotten product they are serving up. I'm not saying that everything they do is wrong, but the way it is being implemented leaves a lot to be desired. Hopkins is not right just because he is George Hopkins. There needs to be an intellectual reason behind all of it that can be easily articulated to anybody with a question about it. Refusing to discuss it reveals a lot. They effectively are telling anybody that doesn't agree with their vision to hit the road and not look back. I wonder if that is truly the best position to take.

OK...I don't know how things work in your life, but here's where reality really sets in...it's called human nature.

Hopkins has been a top 12 DCI director and instructor since when? exactly. He is among them. And for the some that wish him gone (and there are those in DCI who wish this) there's others who want him around for a long time. Then there's those championships and the Hall of Fame thing...you see where I'm going.

Now, if I didn't know either individual. If you handed me both resumes...no names...and then asked me to select the one I'd want to make decisions for the future of DCI, sorry, but Hopkins passes that test. Like him or not...he has cred within the activity.

So, I judge Tim to be an outsider of the current trends in DCI. That's fine. It's just MUCH MUCH more difficult, frustrating, nerveracking, etc., to make monumental changes in an organization from the OUTSIDE.

Again, Tim seems like a smart fellow. His proposals were well written. The content was inflamatory to those he wanted to persuade. He did nothing in his presentation to indicate he was going to meet anyone anywhere near the middle. It's a classic impasse.

DCI moves on. Tim moves on. End of story. Won't change the outcome no matter how much two or three of you try. This thread is exhausted. Sending PM now.

Again, Tim seems like a smart fellow. His proposals were well written. The content was inflamatory to those he wanted to persuade. He did nothing in his presentation to indicate he was going to meet anyone anywhere near the middle. It's a classic impasse.

Isn't the fact that he submitted three proposals, all with differing degrees of amp restriction proof that he was willing to meet in the middle?

Isn't the fact that he submitted three proposals, all with differing degrees of amp restriction proof that he was willing to meet in the middle?

Are you talking about that massive penalty that was included in his proposal?

When they refuse to say anything, they certainly leave it to everyone else to decide for themselves.

I can go with that. . .but at the same time it is kinda silly to say they know what they are doing is not working and are goping we just don't notice. Surely you can see that.

So, I judge Tim to be an outsider of the current trends in DCI. That's fine. It's just MUCH MUCH more difficult, frustrating, nerveracking, etc., to make monumental changes in an organization from the OUTSIDE.

I thought Tim was on the Blue Stars BoD. I realize that alone won't win this game of resume-stacking, but to brand him an "outsider" isn't entirely accurate.

I thought Tim was on the Blue Stars BoD. I realize that alone won't win this game of resume-stacking, but to brand him an "outsider" isn't entirely accurate.

according to what I was told in this thread was that Tim's new position on the BoD of Blue Stars was made after and independent of these proposals being submitted.

how long has he been a board member? 1 month

next.

Others have posted that Tim was not rude at all. So, we have some who say Tim was rude, and others who say he was not. Why is it you assume that Tim must have been rude?

I am going by what people say who support Tim as well as some who do not.