Predictions for Open Class Finals

These are the corps I think may be the "OPEN CLASS FINALS" in Indianapolis in August!!!

In no particular order:

Santa Clara Cadets

Blue Devils B

Jersey Surf

DUTCH BOY

Raiders

Revolution

VK

Teal Sound

Memphis

Spartans

_________

I'm going to leave the last two spots for the two surprize corps that no one ever thought would make finals. You decide !!

You really think VK, Dutch Boy, Raiders, and Revo are all going to make finals over Fever?

With all truthfulness, who the heck knows right now, these are predictions !!

The only corps that I saw last year was Dutch Boy and we all know what they did last year:

3rd Place Division III Finals :lookaround:

Winner of the Disney Award :omg:

Most Improved Drum Corps for Division III (7th place in 2006 to 3rd place in 2007) :omg:

Anything can happen and most likely will !!!

Good luck to all the corps in OPEN CLASS !!!! :tongue::omg::tongue:

Edited by ODBC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BDB's got some crazy talent in their hornline this year...

Edited by MagicBobert

Dutch Boy's 2007 season was great, but don't mislabel the Spirit of Disney Award as an award for "Best Show Design," because it isn't.

Oregon is being underestimated, just like last year. Virtually no one predicted them to make finals last year, and they got 11th. This year they have one of the best staffs in Open Class, more members, a huge vet turnout, and a lot of positive hype and no one's expecting them to make finals again? I also think they will get some quality members from the Cascades (see World Class forum if you haven't heard).

I haven't heard much from Impulse. I'd count them out and VK in.

Back on topic before it gets ugly cause those canadians are like the energizer bunny! LOL

Gonna attack this much like they do in the world class forums. Remember this is a new class and anything can happen.

My guess:

Top 2

Jersey Surf

Teal Sound

These two will be hard pressed to catch all season. Great programs in 2007 and good start to 2008. I give Jersey Surf the edge due to program (from what I heard :lookaround: )

Next Group

Blue Devils B

SCVC

Spartans

Revolution

Oregon Crusaders

Consistantcy is the key word here. For some, last year (2007) was a season of staff changes and for some at the top in 2007 - staff changes for 2008 (Spartans) but one thing holds true, look at history and that says a lot. Oregon and Revolution will be larger. Spartans although smaller will still be a force and there is no way a BD and SCV program will not be good.

The Battle!

Fever

Memphis Sound

Raiders

Velvet Knights

Capital Sound

It will be a cat fight to make it in Saturday's show. Many good open corps will end thier season on Friday. Memphis does have some issues with the loss of a key player in 2007's success but will still be great. Tight race, but two of this group with the most momentum from 2007 has to be Fever, and Velvet Knights.

Semis:

Dutch Boy

Yamato

Citations

Impulse

Gold

This is shaping up to be one hell of a season - lots of competition! One of these corps could surprize and make it much higher. With this new class a lot will depend on who has been there and most of the corps in semis except for a few have been a Div II or larger at some point in thier history. The shows in the middle of the season with fewer judges will play havoc with rankings but also give some of these corps momentum heading into Michigan City.

Cannot wait to see these corps in Michigan City!

Have a good one!

Back on topic before it gets ugly cause those canadians are like the energizer bunny! LOL

Gonna attack this much like they do in the world class forums. Remember this is a new class and anything can happen.

It will be a cat fight to make it in Saturday's show. Many good open corps will end thier season on Friday. Memphis does have some issues with the loss of a key player in 2007's success but will still be great. Tight race, but two of this group with the most momentum from 2007 has to be Fever, and Velvet Knights.

This is shaping up to be one hell of a season - lots of competition! One of these corps could surprize and make it much higher. With this new class a lot will depend on who has been there and most of the corps in semis except for a few have been a Div II or larger at some point in thier history. The shows in the middle of the season with fewer judges will play havoc with rankings but also give some of these corps momentum heading into Michigan City.

Cannot wait to see these corps in Michigan City!

Have a good one!

Jared my young American friend, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE BUNNY !!!! :lookaround::omg:

You have forgotten about one factor, DUTCH BOY has gone from 10th in 2004 to 3rd in 2007 in Division III, this year will be different for everyone. I sure there will be some old Division II corps that with disappointed too.

I have no doubt it will be a very competitve season in OPEN CLASS and those who get to finals with have done it the old fashioned way........"THEY WILL HAVE EARNED IT !!!!"

Have fun everyone !!

Edited by ODBC

Predictions Predictions. Fun Stuff. I'm going to divide it up though...

Thoughts:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Top 6 Corps will be (no specific order):

-Turquoise Noise

-Vanguard

-BDB

-Surf

-Fever

-Citations

Battle for 1st and 2nd Place:

Jersey Surf and Teal Sound

Battle for 3rd Place: (way too early to tell who will be closer to it than others)

BDB, Fever, SCVC, and Citations

----------------------------------------------------------------

Corps 7-12 (no specific order)

-OC ----------> Will Benefit from Cascades drop out of competition

-VK ----------> Awesome start last year. They will most likely get a lot of new membership and keep experienced vets.

-Mempho ----------> Reigning Div III Champs will still be strong

-Revolution ----------> Consistently Excellent

-Raiders ----------> Perhaps a little hurt from Surf getting a lot of the membership in Jersey area? (random guess) Still top 12 product though

-Beatrix ----------> Can't forget these guys! (I heard they are competing in Open not International?)

Battle for the 7th Place spot:

Mempho, OC, and Revo

Bottom Spots could belong to anyone:

Beatrix, Raiders, VK

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Corps who will probably be duking it out to try to squeeze into Finals (Spots 13-17 No Order):

Dutch Boy, Spartans, Impulse, Cap Sound, Spokane Thunder

Edited by CorpsMan97