Predictions for Scholastic World?

I always like to look at top EIGHT when it comes to world class - those top 8 are always a FIGHT

My prediction for medals:

1. Avon

2. Flanagan

3. Centergrove

My prediction for a few others who will be in "the running":

4. M-burg

5. Shendehowa

6. Chesire

7. Choctaw

8. and ???? for the eighth guard. Who knows

EVERYONE CAN FOLLOW THE RANKINGS AT:

http://www.guardbuzz.com/

Pretty good list. . .I say the NE guards will get passed by quite a few of the Mid-West guards come April. I think the Mid-West Power regional will be a good indicator.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good list. . .I say the NE guards will get passed by quite a few of the Mid-West guards come April. I think the Mid-West Power regional will be a good indicator.

Interesting. Why do you say that? Have you seen the NE guards?? Let's face it.... t's really only Shen and CHesire in the running here (versus a million mid west and southern world guards). Shen looks like they have a LOT of growth potential. if you haven't seen their show, don't count them out. As for Chesire - they may just be too strong for others to catch, even if they ARE done.

Just my 2cents

Interesting. Why do you say that? Have you seen the NE guards?? Let's face it.... t's really only Shen and CHesire in the running here (versus a million mid west and southern world guards). Shen looks like they have a LOT of growth potential. if you haven't seen their show, don't count them out. As for Chesire - they may just be too strong for others to catch, even if they ARE done.

Just my 2cents

Yes, I have...and my reasoning is that I know how the game is played. . .just watch.

Yes, I have...and my reasoning is that I know how the game is played. . .just watch.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist, too funny. Didn't a certain guard from the NORTHEAST beat Miamisburg last year??? C'mon....

I am not cheering for one guard over the other.... heck as long as it's good colorguard I don't care WHAT order I get to watch it in. Just saying - it became apparent to me last year that by the time things shook out in Dayton, it was nice to see a guard like Shen come from bottom of the rankings early/mid season to take 7th and beat out some of the "chosen pack." I wish ALL of you luck. Chances are the placements will be determined by tenths, not points.... so in the grand scheme of things - let's just wish them all luck and lets see some GREAT shows from everyone!

yeah remember last year Shen placed 3rd at the Salem regional got beat by both trumbull and cheshire then they stayed out of the WGI scene until the midwest power regional and they complete blew everyone away and almost beat Center Grove.... i think you will see Shen do that again this year... they always start out struggling at points and then when it really matters those ladies come up from behind and do some serious damage....

Edited by cmguard87

You sound like a conspiracy theorist, too funny. Didn't a certain guard from the NORTHEAST beat Miamisburg last year??? C'mon....

I am not cheering for one guard over the other.... heck as long as it's good colorguard I don't care WHAT order I get to watch it in. Just saying - it became apparent to me last year that by the time things shook out in Dayton, it was nice to see a guard like Shen come from bottom of the rankings early/mid season to take 7th and beat out some of the "chosen pack." I wish ALL of you luck. Chances are the placements will be determined by tenths, not points.... so in the grand scheme of things - let's just wish them all luck and lets see some GREAT shows from everyone!

Oh honey. . .I've been around a long time. . .just wait and see. Bookmark this post. I don't even stay for the scores. I go to watch the performances...and that's what I take away from the activity. But, if you want to get caught up in scores and placements. . .make sure you know how to play the game. I'm just telling ya what I know, to me placements are irrelevant, but I don't mind at least giving my thoughts on how it'll potentially shake out. That's more fun than how it really will shake out.

Tah! :-)

PS...Shen will again be around 7th at worlds.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Oh honey. . .I've been around a long time. . .just wait and see. Bookmark this post. I don't even stay for the scores. I go to watch the performances...and that's what I take away from the activity. But, if you want to get caught up in scores and placements. . .make sure you know how to play the game. I'm just telling ya what I know, to me placements are irrelevant, but I don't mind at least giving my thoughts on how it'll potentially shake out. That's more fun than how it really will shake out.

Tah! :-)

PS...Shen will again be around 7th at worlds.

NOT TOO SHABBY. ;)

I wonder how it's all going to play out. I'm anxious to see if Logan goes to China... If they don't, I wonder if any of these guards could break the chain. I think most of them have been preparing to win, and with Logan back on the scene, they'll just want it even more. With enough work, anyone could be it this year.

Did I not get a memo?????

I thought Logan's China trip (Summer Olympics) is a definite!!!!