The PAL Buccaneers Jr. Drum & Bugle Corps from Bridgeport CT is looking for Brass, Percussion, Color Guard and visual instructors to help take them from a parade corps to a DCI open class competing corps.

Volunteers are also needed for the positions of quartermaster, sacretary and fundraising chair person.

If you are interested in the return of Jr Drum Corps please let us know

Patrick Rouse

Director

PAL Buccaneers

Jr. Drum & Bugle Corps

Pat,

Is there an email contact for the PAL Bucs?

This seems an excellent opportunity for those who believe strongly in the value of "neighborhood" drum corps to participate at some level.

If you can get the corps rooted at the grade school level it will have a future. That's more important than jumping to DCI competitive level at this stage, I believe.

Pat,

Is there an email contact for the PAL Bucs?

This seems an excellent opportunity for those who believe strongly in the value of "neighborhood" drum corps to participate at some level.

If you can get the corps rooted at the grade school level it will have a future. That's more important than jumping to DCI competitive level at this stage, I believe.

Yes, the email is pal_buccaneers@yahoo.com

We have been going into the grade school for the past few years, it is our intention to turn the corner towards high school kids and then collage. It is our intention to go DCI within the next two years.

The PAL Buccaneers is deffinetly your naiberhood Drum Corps mostly all of our members had never played an instument before, but now the few who have been with us from the begginning (2004) are true Drum Corps Nuts. Everyone on this site knows what it means to be a Drum Corps Nut,But this younger generation doesn't know what Drum Corps is or what it's about, unlees your a band geek (sorry person) in high school or collage you may find Drum Corps, but how about the rest of the kids who don't even know what playing music and being part of a Drum Corps family feels like. Most Drum Corps are recruiting kids who are already playing and reading music which is fine but what about the kids who havn't found it yet, the kids who are not that good in sports and who's school doesn't have a music program these are the kids we need to reach out to. I loved the time I had in Drum Corps and the time I am having now. I encourage everyone, start a naiberhood Drum Corps.

Sorry for the rant and the lousy writing but

IIIIIII LOVES ME SOME DRUM CORPS. :guinesssmilie:

Patrick,