TOS TICKETS ON SALE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets for The Bridgemen's home show "Tournament Of Stars", which will be held on June 14th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in Bayonne, N.J. are now on sale.

The Lineup for the show is:

Sunrisers

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Park City Pride

Preston Scout House

Bushwackers

Caballeros Alumni

Jersey Surf

The Cadets

Bridgemen

Tickets are: In advance: Adults $12, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $8, Children 5 & under are free

At the gate: Adults $15, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $10, Children 5 & under are free

To order by mail: write your name,address & number of tickets and send a check or money order along with a SASE to:

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Don't miss out on this GREAT LINEUP!!!!!

Hype!

George

There's already a family of 5 camped out on the 50, just below the press box. BELIEVE IT!

Edited by thelaw

Tickets for The Bridgemen's home show "Tournament Of Stars", which will be held on June 14th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in Bayonne, N.J. are now on sale.

Sunrisers

Park City Pride

Preston Scout House

Bushwackers

Caballeros Alumni

Jersey Surf

The Cadets

Bridgemen

Tickets are: In advance: Adults $12, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $8, Children 5 & under are free

At the gate: Adults $15, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $10, Children 5 & under are free

To order by mail: write your name,address & number of tickets and send a check or money order along with a SASE to:

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Hype!

George

That is some lineup :grouphug:

That is some lineup :grouphug:

Love that Scout House music too!

British regimental all the way!!! :wacko:

There's already a family of 5 camped out on the 50, just below the press box.

Brian ~ tell Lori and the kids to come home and get out of the rain. :tongue:

Sunrisers

Park City Pride

Preston Scout House

Bushwackers

Caballeros Alumni

Jersey Surf

The Cadets

Bridgemen

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Hype!

George

HOW SWEET IT IS!!! :sad:

Sunrisers

Park City Pride

Preston Scout House

Bushwackers

Caballeros Alumni

Jersey Surf

The Cadets

Bridgemen

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Hype!

George

Bumo :thumbup:

Sunrisers

Park City Pride

Preston Scout House

Bushwackers

Caballeros Alumni

Jersey Surf

The Cadets

Bridgemen

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Hype!

George

Hey, folks! I just happened to drop by the Scout House rehearsal last Sunday and I can tell you that "the band" (ie: "Canada's Famous Preston Scout House 'Bugle Band'") is looking and sounding GREAT!

Some of you may remember them from their many U.S. appearances at the Barnum Festival in Bridgeport or the National Dream Contest at Roosevelt Stadium in the late '50s and early '60s. If so, you will be pleased to hear that the Alumni Band has been marching since 1999 and has been a crowd favourite at the DCA Alumni Spectacular and many, many other "drum corps" shows for the last several years.

Those of you who saw them perform "back in the day" might even recognize a few faces out on the field because just over half of their 108 marching members (54 bugles, 33 percussion, 21 colour guard) marched in the original "band". So I guess it makes sense that the oldest marching member is 74 and the average age is 61. They play a full 13 to 15 minute M & M field show and I guarantee that you will recognize - and enjoy - every song they play.

Talk about nostalgia......

Maybe it's just because Scout House was my favourite "drum corps" between 1958 and 1963 when I marched in a junior corps but their closing number for 2008 literally caused a little moisture in my eyes. It's a wonderful medley of some of their most famous and moving tunes. The "glocks" start off with a couple of measures of Waltzing Matilda before the horns carry the tune for a phrase or two. They then transition into Wish Me Luck and finish with mournful reprise of the famous Waterloo Fanfare which (of course) is how they open their show.

This is an unbeatable lineup! You better get your tickets early - with a lineup like this I can't see tickets lasting very long.

Another great lineup this year for the TOS. Congratulations to George and his staff.

Curious question: Since the Sunrisers have recently announced they will not field a competitive corps in DCA this year, does that mean they will not appear at the TOS also, not even just a music standstill? If so, are there any plans in the works to replace them in the lineup?

Another great lineup this year for the TOS. Congratulations to George and his staff.

Curious question: Since the Sunrisers have recently announced they will not field a competitive corps in DCA this year, does that mean they will not appear at the TOS also, not even just a music standstill? If so, are there any plans in the works to replace them in the lineup?

I think they should get Selden there to KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF!!!!

:-)