DCPI Q&A

I can get you new and or used Yamaha brass and then set you up with a lease purchase program. I have done with a number of groups including start up senior corps, junior corps, and schools.

Contact me at eric@carolinacrown.org with a way to get in touch with you and I will call you asap.

Have a great night.

• 7 months later...

Hey there...

I'm interested in fielding a corps and have some questions before I declare my intention.

1. What's the difference between the divisions?

2. Would I have to start in D-3 and work up to D-1, or could I start in D-1?

3. Is there any cost to register?

That should be a good start...and I'm looking forward to participating in the circuit...

Hey there...

I'm interested in fielding a corps and have some questions before I declare my intention.

1. What's the difference between the divisions?

2. Would I have to start in D-3 and work up to D-1, or could I start in D-1?

3. Is there any cost to register?

That should be a good start...and I'm looking forward to participating in the circuit...

Ahoy!

Absolutely no cost at all and you can start with any division you'd like.

The differences between the divisions could help you decide where to start.

The primary difference is the starting points you're allowed to play with and spend on the different captions: GEv, GEm, VP, VE, VG, MB, ME, MP.

World starts with 145 points to spend and builds up to 150 by finals. Open has 110 and goes up to 115, and A Class has 80(?) working up to 85(?). During an off-season, your caption selections (and point expenditures) would be based on results of several previous seasons of Live-Corps finals. This being a LIVE Season though, the starting point is last seasons finals with us building our show (and selections) right alongside Live-Corps results.

ex: Cadets captions will cost 25 points each, BD 24pts, Cavs 23pts, Crown 22, etc.

World is a great place to start simply due to the extra points you start with, but all three classes offer a significant challenge. Check the last couple DCPI finals results, some mighty tight races all the way through. LIVE season adds the extra dimension of not really knowing where corps will be come finals night, Fantasy or Reality. :w00t:

Hope that helps, see ya on the field!

• 1 month later...

Quick Question.

One of my corps is titled wrong in my Caption and Tour Selection Lists. Is there anything I can do about that? It's my Class A corps. It's supposed to be called the Little Horns of Hillsborough County or just "Little Horn" if the other's too long. But on the list it's titled "Hillsborough Little Buls", which is cute but even Bulls is misspelled.

Advice?

I'm still not able to see my corps in the Caption and Tour Selection Box. My name is set as director but no corps are under it. Did I miss a step in the process?

Thanks for your help!

Quick Question.

One of my corps is titled wrong in my Caption and Tour Selection Lists. Is there anything I can do about that? It's my Class A corps. It's supposed to be called the Little Horns of Hillsborough County or just "Little Horn" if the other's too long. But on the list it's titled "Hillsborough Little Buls", which is cute but even Bulls is misspelled.

Advice?

Works great now, Thanks!

I'm still not able to see my corps in the Caption and Tour Selection Box. My name is set as director but no corps are under it. Did I miss a step in the process?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the fix!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm confused about how this live season scoring works.

Normally scores are posted after DCI posts the recaps for the live shows. With the first show of this season not releasing the scores until Monday, I am not sure if Matt is going to wait until Monday, or just generate the scores.