2008 Serenade In Brass

Reilly closed with... "Ill Be Home for Christmas"? hahaha, yep, thats our signature tune alright, I suspect a prankster?

edit: oh wait "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" does sound similar melodically... kinda

YO

Didn't realize Elvis was in the house Saturday night...

Closer was , of course, "It Ain't Easy Being Green "(1$ to Kermit) segueing into our signature "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"

Redshamrock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kenny...........did Louie tell you how to spell "segueing"? You silver tongued devil you. Sorry to have missed you my friend.

YO

Didn't realize Elvis was in the house Saturday night...

Closer was , of course, "It Ain't Easy Being Green "(1$ to Kermit) segueing into our signature "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"

Redshamrock

Edited by Jimbalaya

Had a great time once again in Harrisburg! Performing with both Bridgemen & The Reilly Raiders was, as usual, an honor. The crowd is so wonderful at this particular show; nothing but "babies" after each tune. Looking forward to a LONG summer full of drum corps & the "Serenade" is always the best event to get the season moving. The after party was such a kick! Many familiar faces & ofcourse made new friends as well...hopefully next year the wee bit of construction downstairs will be complete so we can spread our wings a little bit more at the bar....can't wait till Elks weekend & the "TOURNAMENT"... :rock:

I had such a wonderful first experience performing with the Cabs. Alumni. I'm so greatful to them for allowing me the honor of performing with them.

Boy! Did we get lucky with the weather or what? It was a glorious day. Couldn't have asked for better.

The only unfortunate thing about performing at the Forum, is not being able to see all the other performances. As well as the mini-corps competition.

The party afterwards at the Crowne Plaza was packed. Everyone had an outstanding time watching the winners of the mini-corps comp.

The party lasted well into the morning. I don't think I fell asleep till about 4:30. It was great getting to know my new family.

Was the show recorded? And, if yes, where should

I look when it goes on sale?

Nice review, makes me feel like I was there

:tongue: me too.Oh wait.. :blush:

"Was the show recorded? And, if yes, where should I look when it goes on sale?"

Excellent question. I was wondering the same thing. I know the Serenade has been recorded a few times in the past. Anyone out there know for sure?

Many thanks to Kevin for sharing his notes. Looking forward to the full story in DCW. Kevin, if you would like song titles, send me a PM and I'll fill you in.

Like Cindy said, we really lucked out with the weather. I got quite a sunburn! After all the speculation all week about rain, it proved to be one of the best days in Harrisburg ever, for a Serenade.

It is my understanding that the recording of the Serenade in Brass Concert has been discontinued due to potential music licensing issues.

Don't take that as official though.