Best Ice Castles?

Poll  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which DCI performance of "Through the Eyes of Love" from Ice Castles is your favorite?

• Cadets 1980
    • Madison Scouts 1980
    • Madison Scouts 1981
    • Madison Scouts 1982

Well I would put the version we did in the 2006 Alumni Corps, but it's not on the list....so I'll go with 1980.

I've got to go with Mr. Koehn here, on all counts. :blink:

+++

That Garfield Cadets version was nice btw, but this WAS your grandfather's corps. They played a nice, polite version with not very much power. I heard Garfield and Scouts play in the same show in 1980 and the difference was incredible.

I loved that whole 1980's Scouts show. (including the parts in the opener "They're Playing Our Song" from early season which they completely re-wrote, music and drill)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first show can't get here fast enough.........

One of my favorite memories of the 2006 MSARP was the company front hit in Ice Castles the first time we ever did it in front of a crowd. We did an exhibition at a high school band competition during our July rehearsal weekend.

The place went nuts. I couldn't control myself. I was just sobbing uncontrollably. That was the first time I realized the magnitude of what we were doing.

To my brothers who shared that night with me .... THANK YOU over and over again!!!

I agree...nice bug btw

I really wanted to vote for the 2006 Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project, but that wasn't one of the choices :(

Four words:

I hate Ice Castles

:blink:

Nothing against any corps that played it, but when I think of the tune what springs to mind is Streisand screeching it out.

Melissa Manchester. :blink:

Best Ice Castles?

Hey guys ....

For me, ones that don't melt too quickly.

• 1 year later...
Saw all 4 versions live.

Scouts 1980

No other version is even close...

Also saw them all and agree 100%. 1980 wins. One of the most powerful hornline closers of all time. Nice work by Dan Veerhusen with the instamatic camera and the '75 DCI Champions banner! I think in prelims he drank a cup of water during the last chord; one of the best showmen drum majors ever!

UNBELIEVABLE!