The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

anyone hear anything about the new uni's? just wondering...Go Scouts!

...i hear scouts are gonna some cool visuals...

Again?! That must sure be costing them. Regardless, I hope the new ones are terrific. Any pics or specs out there on them yet?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think '93 was the last year for that style of uniform.

And thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed '96. It was definitely a blast to march! Actually, the #1 bass split his drum head during Malaguena which caused the tears during the drum break as #2 tried to cover both parts. Just a little tidbit of trivia there.

From what I read on the Scouts forum, the final prototype going into production was shown last weekend. According to those who saw it, it was described as "stunning" and "nothing like it on the field today"...

I'm excited to see it!

There are some hints on the Scouts Forums (if you dig) on the new uniforms. I haven't seen a picture, but you can get clue about some aspects of it.

i have one early season forecast prediction for the 08 scouts production. i believe it will be so hot that at some point this summer we will see a replay of the preview of championships incident from nashville in 92 where a building in the end zone spontaneously ignites during a madison performance, and everyone in the audience basically takes the attitude of "well of course it caught fire. did you see that show?"

I figured we needed to consolidate these threads into one specific thread where we can all get info and discuss the 2008 Madison Scouts! So far we're about 5 days into everydays and counting down to the first show. Lots of things afoot...a new uniform, an exciting show concept and a potential return to the elite top 12. There's a lot to be excited about as alums and fans!

Great idea for a Scouts '08 thread.

'96 Scouts is one of my favorite shows. Killer lead sop book.

There are some hints on the Scouts Forums (if you dig) on the new uniforms. I haven't seen a picture, but you can get clue about some aspects of it.

From what I've been able to pick up, there's going to be somewhat of a "retro" feel to it...but I could be wrong.

I am anxiously awaiting their first show. I am a little concerned as I have been hearing only 28 in the guard? Can anyone confirm this number? And are they marching the full 150 this year?

Best of luck the Madison Scouts!!!! I really hope to see you back in finals this year, but have no doubt that your show will be thoroughly entertaining as it is every year.

Here's the numbers I heard up in Baraboo the last couple weekends.

72 Horns

28 Guard

12 pit

9/5/5/5 drum line

2 DM

Of course these could change. Maybe more guard, maybe 1 more tenor, and 1 more snare.

Great idea for a Scouts '08 thread.

'96 Scouts is one of my favorite shows. Killer lead sop book.

Yes, yes it was. Lol thanks!

From what I've been able to pick up, there's going to be somewhat of a "retro" feel to it...but I could be wrong.

You'd be right.