Cadets webcast

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad that this topic is about the Cadets webcast and I gave a less than popular (to the defenders til thy death) opinion, and those said defenders have to attack me because my opinion isnt all hunky dory !!!!

If its so great and I'm in the minority, what are you afraid of, why must the maturity level continue to be lacking here when it comes to Cadets ?

The narration isnt popular to everyone so theres going to be a wide range of opinions. Its always the same ol, same ol here with the select few of you that do not represent reality.

Im hardly whining or "desperate" or "suffering" or at a loss to what to do over this less than favorable show by the Cadets. Believe me I've enjoyed, live all the greatest shows of all time, while some of you werent even born. Ive had my fill, sadly many of you will never witness true cutting edge creativity (Narration hardly fits the bill, bands cornered that market and also failed to turn the marching world on its ear....but Cadet designers will continue to draw from that type of show design instead of truly being daring, like those of old.)..none of these shows will go down in history as the greatest of all time, not like 1984, 1987, 1994, 1998, 2000.......I can understand your defending it also, I mean, its all some of you know.

You arent going to get everyone to like everything. Sadly with the state of the activity as it is now, you would think the designers, even if its just temporary, would try and care a little about the entire spectrum of the audience to try and maybe help the activity flourish and get it in a healty position instead of watching corps die evey year. Its really rather selfish. Designers trying to outdo one another for the sake of seeing how far they can go without any regard to what is appealing to who is out there paying.

If Im wrong, then why are shows getting cancelled, there are less of them, and less audience to spectate ???

I see, after four years, any key brass, amplification, and narration hasnt turned the marching world upside down and brought in this mass influx of members and fans. So, I guess its going to be electronics that helps expand the acvtivity ???

Geoffrey

Im hardly whining or "desperate" or "suffering" or at a loss to what to do over this less than favorable show by the Cadets.

You clearly stated earlier that we all must "suffer through" this yet again. You obviously have not been impressed with any of the Cadets' shows since what... 05? Yet, even knowing that narration would be used again this year, you took the time to watch the webcast.

I just find that odd. Normally I avoid artists, authors, directors/actors, etc. that I don't like.

But to each his own.

You clearly stated earlier that we all must "suffer through" this yet again. You obviously have not been impressed with any of the Cadets' shows since what... 05? Yet, even knowing that narration would be used again this year, you took the time to watch the webcast.

I just find that odd. Normally I avoid artists, authors, directors/actors, etc. that I don't like.

But to each his own.

I give all corps/shows a chance. I dont just write one off. Just because Im opposed to a certain type of show hardly means I'm against drum corps. I bet I have even supported Cadets more than some who calim to worship them.

"Suffer through" is an expression. ie: being torn for loving drum corps but not liking an aspect of it.....???

Geoffrey

Edited by GMichael1230

but Cadet designers will continue to draw from that type of show design instead of truly being daring, like those of old.)..none of these shows will go down in history as the greatest of all time, not like 1984, 1987, 1994, 1998, 2000.......I can understand your defending it also, I mean, its all some of you know.

I rank 2005 above all those / which means DC shows - just like all the creative arts - is a matter of opinion.

I REALLY don't like a number of other corps programs - very simplistic design, easy demand, or repetitive drill moves year after year - but I don't boo them, or come on here and act like they should change to please little old me.

I rank 2005 above all those / which means DC shows - just like all the creative arts - is a matter of opinion.

I REALLY don't like a number of other corps programs - very simplistic design, easy demand, or repetitive drill moves year after year - but I don't boo them, or come on here and act like they should change to please little old me.

I dont boo anyone either. Little old you would love to see a lot of changes, you and I both know that.

As far as changing for me ? Im just another person with another opinion.

You guys get so defensive when it comes to Cadets, LOL

Geoffrey

I give all corps/shows a chance. I dont just write one off. Just because Im opposed to a certain type of show hardly means I'm against drum corps. I bet I have even supported Cadets more than some who calim to worship them.

"Suffer through" is an expression. ie: being torn for loving drum corps but not liking an aspect of it.....???

Geoffrey

Fair enough. I guess in that respect, I've suffered through quite a few shows over the past decade and a half. And I can appreciate you giving the Cadets a chance, but you should be well aware that the final product won't be available for viewing until on or around August 9th. And while you are certainly entitled to pass judgement on any show from any corps, you have to admit that doing so a week before the season even starts is a bit premature.

Fair enough. I guess in that respect, I've suffered through quite a few shows over the past decade and a half. And I can appreciate you giving the Cadets a chance, but you should be well aware that the final product won't be available for viewing until on or around August 9th. And while you are certainly entitled to pass judgement on any show from any corps, you have to admit that doing so a week before the season even starts is a bit premature.

The topic is about the Cadets webcast, I commented on the Cadets webcast, no more, no less, and of course narration and its impact in the last four years in my opinion, I killed no babies, I stole no money from old ladies. This is just drum corps discussion on DCP.

Geoffrey

You guys get so defensive when it comes to Cadets, LOL

As would any fan of a corps that received even a fraction of the crap Cadets get.

The thing is, there aren't 15 million threads about the Blue Devils' easy drill or park and blows. There aren't 15 million threads about the Cavies' lack of a brass book. There aren't 15 million threads about Phantom's tone quality at loud volumes.

And what fires us Cadet "homers" up, is the fact that there aren't even 15 million threads about the Cadets use of narration. But every thread with the word "Cadets" in the title is quickly inundated with the anti-narration crowd to the point where it's all but impossible to have a discussion without getting defensive.

Everyone on this board is well aware that people out there hate the Cadets. I just don't see why those people feel the need to incessantly spread their negativity.