Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

I am also bringing a friend who has never seen drum corps to a show in July. We will use the Cadets show as extra time after intermission to buy concessions and souvenirs.

Way to let someone form their own opinions :ninja:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. I'll put in my 2 cents: I now support amplified pits. I didn't support it until I worked with a band that started amping the pit. As I listen back to older recordings of pits before amps I think the keyboards sound kind of funny.

As far as the rules go I think that either mics can be allowed or not allowed. It would be too hard to enforce which instruments can play into the mic and which ones can't. A few years back people complained about a corps that had mics aimed in a way that the brass was heard (accidentally) through the PA system. If amped brass was not allowed according to the rules should they have been penalized? The bottom line is: if amps and mics are allowed and voice is allowed, then amped vocals have to be legal.

I look at narration the same way I look at a drum break. I like it. Unless it sucks.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I am also bringing a friend who has never seen drum corps to a show in July. We will use the Cadets show as extra time after intermission to buy concessions and souvenirs.

I have long considered starting a "Society for the Preservation of Drum and Bugle Corps." United as one, I believe a group along those lines can make considerable strides in making drum corps the best activity it can be.

I did purchase a "Keep Drum Corps Unplugged" T-shirt at Madison in 2006, and proudly wore it at shows, but unfortunately I seem to have lost it. I would love to purchase a new one if anyone knows where I can order one.

That's really not fair to your friend that he has to miss one of the best corps around just for your silly vendetta.

I'm bringing drum corp virgins to Drums Along the Rockies this year and I dread THE VOICE OVERS! I'm embarrased that I will probably have to make apologies for it to my friends and hope they like it anyway!

Hey guys ....

One day I hope to be able to purchase a luxury suite at Lucas Oil Stadium for the World Championships and fill it with an entire harem of drum corps virgins. They will feed me grapes, pour me wine into a golden goblet, and fan me with copies of the DCI Magazine as I lounge on an oversized beanbag chair and explain the happenings on the field to them in great detail, effectively deflowering them of their drum corps virginity and assimilating them into the culture to go forth and speak the good word of all things drum corps.

Hey guys ....

One day I hope to be able to purchase a luxury suite at Lucas Oil Stadium for the World Championships and fill it with an entire harem of drum corps virgins. They will feed me grapes, pour me wine into a golden goblet, and fan me with copies of the DCI Magazine as I lounge on an oversized beanbag chair and explain the happenings on the field to them in great detail, effectively deflowering them of their drum corps virginity and assimilating them into the culture to go forth and speak the good word of all things drum corps.

Ok then.... Interesting...

While I'm a big fan and supporter of keeping amps out of drum corps, I have changed my mind a little, ONLY about the pit, AND if it is done right and not over powering the horn lines. I can see where some pit equipment would need amping.

Anyway, dead horse time... :ninja: I already presented the petition to the BOD and they don't really care what the fans think, trust me.

I have tried to keep an open mind about the other and it just isn't working for me.

I REALLY dread next year when electronics are in.

Happy to be a new contributing member to the DCP Forum!

Long time Drum Corp Brat. Lifetime FAN.

Joined because I have a cause... To BAN THE AMP!

Someone needs to start an organization against the prolification of voice amplification in the Drum Corp Activity.

It will be called "Keep Corps UNPLUGGED"

Who wants a T-Shirt!?

I DO!

I'm bringing drum corp virgins to Drums Along the Rockies this year and I dread THE VOICE OVERS! I'm embarrased that I will probably have to make apologies for it to my friends and hope they like it anyway!

Ever been to a regional and heard an audible groan rise from the crowd as a perfectly good show is drowned out by someone's voice coming over an amp?

I have and I've had ENOUGH!

Times may change people, but standards must remain.

Drum Corp is about the MUSIC and the VISUAL interpretation of that music. I shouldn't need narration to figure out your program. If I do, then it is deeply flawed.

Moving keyboards to the pit - good change

Inventing the Z-Pull - good change

Amping Voice Overs - BAAAAAD CHAAAAANGE

Stand up for what you love - either way - discussion is good. I want to hear from the fans! Things won't change unless we get heard!

KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! :ninja:

Welcome to DCP

You'll fit right in.

Am I the only person who saw the OP's user name and immediately thought of "fluffy fingers" from The Office? Please tell me I'm not alone...

michael_talks_to_daryl.jpg