::Pointless Poll:: Saturday results

Surprising Saturday Results  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Saturday night results would surprise you most?

• Concord, CA: Vanguard beats Blue Devils
    • Rockford, IL: Carolina takes the crown
    • Rockford, IL: Madison finishes 4th or higher
    • Toledo, OH: Bluecoats knockout the Cadets
    • Toledo, OH: Troopers finish 5th or higher

I would think that for the vast majority of us (or at least I would hope), "they had the best run on finals night", equates to they should have won. It certainly does for me. Regardless of whether you differentiate between "should've won" and "best run on finals night", I think the idea that either label applies to PR in 93 is highly subjective, highly debatable, disagreed with by many, and offers no evidence that his assertion is legitimate.

Ponder this for a minute: What does the fact that it's debatable at all say about it?

(I'm not going to get into a 93 discussion again. I just pointed out that some years vast gobs of people agree that the "finals performance of a lifetime" is often given by a corps that does not win...and thus preserves CI.)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garfield 1984 is a case in point IMO. Best show but perhaps not the best executed on finals night. Still my pick to win 'tho.

Disclosure: I marched SCV Contra in 1984. I'm glad I can count you as one of the (few) who saw Garfield 84 as a the superior show, but performed poorly "not the best executed" (especially at finals, and many other times as well!) I cannot listen to that hornline. And to think they tied SCV *and* BD? Phantom and Suncoast had better hornlines, hands down. I love watching GC 1984. Listening? No.

...back on topic - I still say CI is a bunch of hooey with respect to drum corps results. :tongue:

I wish I could ignore patterns and history as well as you can.

So it looks like Crown winning in Rockford would be the most "unlikely" thing to happen tomorrow.

We shall see. Thanks to all that voted. Another pointless poll is on the way.

Takes a hit of what he's smoking and passes it around...

The only place Madison will be ahead of Crown on this weekend is on the road, by getting on the bus earlier than Crown on Saturday night. If Madison scores a 66.5 or higher on Saturday, I would be absolutely shocked. I hope to be proven wrong though.

Ahem...

Phantom Regiment's Show of Shows presented by the Rockford Register Star

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 The Cavaliers 73.400

2 Phantom Regiment 72.400

3 Carolina Crown 70.200

4 Colts 64.500

5 Blue Stars 62.500

6 Madison Scouts 61.500

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 52.800

2 Racine Scouts 46.500

Elmo Blatch

Ahem...

Phantom Regiment's Show of Shows presented by the Rockford Register Star

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 The Cavaliers 73.400

2 Phantom Regiment 72.400

3 Carolina Crown 70.200

4 Colts 64.500

5 Blue Stars 62.500

6 Madison Scouts 61.500

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 52.800

2 Racine Scouts 46.500

Elmo Blatch

Yes...your BOLD prediction came true. Kudos to you....I think about 5000 people had those exact same standings as their bet... :tongue:

Yes...your BOLD prediction came true. Kudos to you....I think about 5000 people had those exact same standings as their bet... :tongue:

True. Just go with the finals placements from last year and you're right on. Not a very bold predicition..