::Pointless Poll:: Saturday results

Surprising Saturday Results  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Saturday night results would surprise you most?

• Concord, CA: Vanguard beats Blue Devils
    • Rockford, IL: Carolina takes the crown
    • Rockford, IL: Madison finishes 4th or higher
    • Toledo, OH: Bluecoats knockout the Cadets
    • Toledo, OH: Troopers finish 5th or higher

Well then if everyone is putting Crown ahead of Phantom, Phantom must be pretty darn rough...

I agree with you about Crown... I wasn't impressed with that video either, but I'm hoping that everything will get better pretty soon.

they're not that rough. plus this is a "what would be the biggest upset" scenario, bc ppl think it's the least likely to happen.

why can't Saturday be here already?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why can't Saturday be here already?

I know... I wish DCI would do a webcast from one of the shows...

Crown improves soooo much each year... I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the top 4.

Why does everyone think that it is highly unlikely for Crown to beat the Cavaliers at Rockford? We have NO idea of how the Cavaliers look or sound, so I really don't see what this is being based off of, other than the fact that the Cavaliers have been great for a pretty good while now.

You answered your own question at the end there, didn't you? Actually, strike out "good" and insert "great". Last year's third place finish was the first time the corps has finished that low since 1999, while Crown's skin-of-their-teeth sixth place finish was their highest ever. With no results yet this year and history as our only guide, can't you agree that Crown topping Cavaliers would be awfully unlikely?

Madison had one down season. One. They are a perennial DCI powerhouse whereas Crown is not. Why does everyone think Madison is a lower echelon corps after one season out of the top 12? I will never understand that. :blink:

Well, they've been pretty uneven so far this century, and certainly with staff turnover involved you can't point to stability and cred as proof that Madison will automatically bounce back from this. I don't expect another year like last, but I also think they were placed right where they belonged last year, and will need to work to move up.

Madison had one down season. One. They are a perennial DCI powerhouse whereas Crown is not. Why does everyone think Madison is a lower echelon corps after one season out of the top 12? I will never understand that. :blink:

It's not that Madison's worse, it's that other corps have gotten BETTER. I'm one of the biggest detractors of Madison on the board, and even I think they'll be back in Finals this year. They could prove me wrong, but I don't see them in the Top 9. There's just too many other corps that have stepped up their games while Madison's design this summer is unknown.

Everyone onhere knows I am a bit of a troopers honk, but I think it is very likely that troop beats Crossmen and comes in at fifth or higher. If they dont beat them at that first show I bet they will be really close and beat them at points throughout the season. I have not seen a whole bunch from both corps, but what I have seen I think it is reasonable to see this small upset of sorts.

Crossmen have a great percussion section this year and I dont think troopers percussion section is as good as theirs, but they are better than last year. Same thing with the guard. The are better than last year, but probably not as good as X-men's. With that being said, troops horn line is for real and they have a really good show. They also march great. From what I have seen of the x-men so far I think marching and brass are not strong points for them. It really comes down to who has more effect on saturday in my opinion.... should be interesting

I voted Vanguard beats BD on Saturday, because that show isn't even judged. :blink:

Sunday night on the other hand, thats a different story.....

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky

Honestly I'd be VERY surprised to see SCV beat the Devs.

The Devs are scary good right now.

No way Crown wins in Rockford - My bet is they place right behind Madison

Crown will be at least 5 points better than Madison. Perhaps 10 points... I wish Madison well, but Crown will be on fire! :blink:

Crown will be at least 5 points better than Madison. Perhaps 10 points... I wish Madison well, but Crown will be on fire! :blink:

im going closer to 5. I doubt crown will score that high in an early show with cavies and phantom. If they do, well good for them. I'll predict a 65 for madison (completely baseless, so dont yell at me for it...)