Looking for Alumni Corps

I am currently trying to find Alumni Corps to do a show/parade in Brockway Pa. This is for the 43rd annual Old Fashioned Fourth celebration. Very preliminary but looks like a standstill and a parade at 6PM. manhart@brockwaytv.com. This is for2009.

I am currently trying to find Alumni Corps to do a show/parade in Brockway Pa. This is for the 43rd annual Old Fashioned Fourth celebration. Very preliminary but looks like a standstill and a parade at 6PM. manhart@brockwaytv.com. This is for2009.

Nice parade, level streets, nice people, but boy it can rain. Hope you can get it done. We always had a great time there. :ph34r:

I'm kind of confused here. (nothing new).

So I get the impression from a couple of other threads and this one, that there is NO drum corps at all in western PA. Is it true?

I'm sure you could get an alumni corps from somewhere else to come do the parade, but it would cost a pretty penny to cover the buses and such.

So, really, there's nothing there? Nada? Zip?

Contact Gary Matczak.

If certain conditions can be met, the Thunderbirds would take this under advisement.

This is NOT a commitment, just a heads up.

www.eriethunderbirds.com

So I get the impression from a couple of other threads and this one, that there is NO drum corps at all in western PA. Is it true?

I'm sure you could get an alumni corps from somewhere else to come do the parade, but it would cost a pretty penny to cover the buses and such.

Brockway is a few hours from Erie, (near Dubouis) ............Steel City Might be a little closer.............but really that is about it over here,................Reading is probobly just as close,...........

Brockway is a few hours from Erie, (near Dubouis) ............Steel City Might be a little closer.............but really that is about it over here,................Reading is probobly just as close,...........

Steel City just performed there today. The parade stepped off at 12:00 Noon. Steel City was the 15th unit in a line of march that included a total of 51 units. SCA also performed a concert at 2:30 PM. It was very nicely attended. The towns people are exceptionally friendly and enjoyed the performance very much. Even a few Drum Corps fans in attendance as well. Don't know if there was any discussion regarding next year, but it is a very good venue and as I said the people are just fabulous.

"Oh contrer monsewer" (quoting John Wayne from one of his westerns back in the 60's). Erie Thunderbirds (that would be Gary Matczak's boys. You remember him from the Hall of Fame ceremony in Harrisburg. He's the guy read your bio :lookaround: ) in the northwest corner and Steel City Ambassadors from Picksburgh. And as was stated in the post just prior to this one we performed there today.

Edited by NYSkyliner

"And as was stated in the post just prior to this one we performed there today.

Come on, Mike, you're not old enough to be senile yet, are you?

We were in the beautiful town of WILCOX on Saturday. We did go through Brockway (and Punxy and DuBois and Ridgway) to get there.

To the first post in the thread - Steel City would love to come there next year (all prices are negotiable)

Please contact our business manager, Fred Nicholas, at fjnbugle@comcast.net and check out our website at www.steelcityambassadors.org

"Oh contrer monsewer" (quoting John Wayne from one of his westerns back in the 60's). Erie Thunderbirds (that would be Gary Matczak's boys. You remember him from the Hall of Fame ceremony in Harrisburg. He's the guy read your bio :thumbup: ) in the northwest corner and Steel City Ambassadors from Picksburgh. And as was stated in the post just prior to this one we performed there today.

I know the people exist and Gary did a fine job, I didn't recognize myself.

Some of the other threads kind of made it seem like, other than Erie Thunderbirds to the north, all was quiet on the western front.

I know the people exist and Gary did a fine job, I didn't recognize myself.

Some of the other threads kind of made it seem like, other than Erie Thunderbirds to the north, all was quiet on the western front.

also, last I heard the Cambria Cadets were doing some gigs again,............and the Keystone Regimant from Alttona are out there somewhere,.............there's Jaffa Shrine from Altoona,............General Butler Vagabonds are out and about, I saw them last weekend,............there is Syria Shrine out of Pittsburgh,...............