New People

Just a place for people to post about their background with drum corps. i am curious who all visits this forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a place for people to post about their background with drum corps. i am curious who all visits this forum

Many have who they marched with in their profile but then many have nothing in their profile. I am a new fan of Drum Corps

Hi, I am new to Drum Corps Planet, but not new to the world of Drum Corps. My family has been involved in Drum Corps since the 1950's when my brother marched....I'm sorry, I don't know who he marched for, was a corps out of LaCrosse Wisconsin, might have been the Legion or VFW ???? My brother died in 1960, and my mom has dementia, so I have no way of finding out. I marched with the Blue Star Cadets back in the early 70's. I was easily intimadated by even the Cadet corps, so didn't stay with it. My oldest son played Mellophone with the Blue Star Cadets and then the Blue Stars. He marched big corps for one year, he passed away at the age of 15. He marched 1996.

I love Drum Corps with all my heart, and miss being involved. My nine year old son wants to play drums, and has shown interest in drum corps, so it won't be long now before he heads down the path like the rest of us. I don't pretend to know the mechanics of drum corps, so any postings I do will be about me just liking what I see.

Thanks for having me here, I look forward to a great rest of the season as I read everyone's reports from the shows!!

I was the eighth contra Madison didn't have in the 1982 season, or at least one of them. For at least part of the season they marched a hole where I (and probably others) would have been when I couldn't go on tour. Not being able to go was a major disappointment.

Now my kids have discovered drum corps through their school band, so I'm back and full of memories. Looking forward to the SE Regionals this weekend, my first competition in twenty-odd years!

Hi all!! This will be my first post, but I have been a member of DCP for a while now.

Started marching in the 70's as a guard member with the Guardsmen, Schaumburg, IL. My daughter is now involved with drum corps. This is her 4th year performing, and her 2nd year with the Colts in the guard.

It took me a while to get use to the new ways of drum corps from when I marched back in the day! It is truly amazing the way the genre has evolved to where it is today! I am enjoying every performance that I am lucky enough to witness.

So...... GO RED TEAM!!!!

See everyone at Bloomington in a few short weeks.

Hey, I'm Mike. I'm 17 and I'm trying out for the Cascades snareline this November. (Yeah, they're coming back for '09!!) Hopefully I'll make it, but if not I'll probably go out for Oregon Crusaders.

I found out about drum corps when I went to my first (of only two, unfortunately) drum corps show in '06 to see a couple friends of mine in OC, Vanguard, Cascades, Blue Knights, and Spokane Thunder.

Nobody else in my family had ever heard of corps before I introduced them to it. I took my mom to her first show a couple weeks ago on the 8th to see BD, Phantom (My favorite corps), VK, OC, and Spokane Thunder. Needless to say, she's now hooked. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - My son marched Phantom Regiment for 5 years- He aged out in 2007.

Played Mellophone/ was Horn Sargent / Section Leader.

I am 'lucky', I volunteer / work with the feed crew over the summer.

We never age out! GO REGIMENT !

• 2 weeks later...

I marched with the Media Fawns and all girl corps from Media, Pa from 1962-1964ish, then marched with Brookhaven Crusaders from 1964ish-early 1972.

My experience is in my signature. It's not much, but I have a lot more experience as a fan!

Hello, all...

first post -

Marched with :

S.S.F. Conquistadors 1971-1975

Concord Blue Devils 1976-1978

Played snare.