DCA 2008 Championship Coverage

Tom,

This little paragraph is EXACTLY the kind of story that those of us not in the "inner circle" love to hear. The "what's-it-like-to...." stories that add color to the total story that is DCA. Any one of us would love to be those around you who asked 'is it THAT bad" only to have our blood circulation picked up a notch by the suspense and your uninforming smile.

What Joe said!

That has always been one of of my favorite parts of the announcing gig... getting those scores in hand. And like Tom said....taking a glance to see what happened!!!

Great job, Tom... thanks so much for your kind words about Barbara and me.

Fran

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say one thing. This is a momentous evening for MBI. I've been involved with this corps for a long time, and one of the corps secret - and fun! - desires was to beat (at least once) every other corps in DCA. And they had, except for one.

Up until tonight, the last corps that was on MBI's radar was the Empire Statesmen. MBI had never, ever beat them in a competition. Tonight, they did. And that is not to belittle the Statesmen. All throughout my career with MBI we have had nothing but the highest respect for ES. Empire broke the mold with the "old school" DCA years ago. And those of us in MBI have always regarded Empire with awe and respect.

I'm not involved with this year's MBI. But I have been intimately involved in years past.

From my point of view, it has been a privilege to compete with every DCA corps. And while it was fun to finally beat ES in regular season competition, I hope that members of ES understand that, without you, MBI would not have attained the level of performance that it did tonight. You set the bar for "outsider corps" in the old tradition of DCA.

A heartfelt Thank You to the Empire Statesmen.

As an alum and current staff member of Empire, I'll tell you that MBI and Empire have always been friends .

Vince Bruni loved you guys!

- You're a fellow ICA corps!!!

- We've done cruises with you guys.

- We traveled to meet "half way" to do a show in Michigan in 1991.

- When DCA started I&E in 1989 ... only two corps brought "bus loads" of participants: Empire and MBI (now look at I&E!)

- In 1996, when Vince Bruni wanted to start a tradition of playing a Mass Patriotic Salute on Retreat at DCA, only two corps showed up to practice Grand Old Flag: Empire and MBI.

MBI and Empire are Buddies, and that's a fact. You helped fight the last revolution with us, and you'll be a key player in the new one.

It was great to get to congratulate Chaffee, and Mike Palmquist, and Roger ... and we had our whole corps break rank to shake all your hands.

It's "all good" between Empire and MBI. Let all your youngsters (inlcuding young staff guys) know that.

Congrats Minnesota Brass Inc !

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Fran

I don't think I have your mailing address... email it to me and I'll mail you a program...

Tom

Fran

I don't think I have your mailing address... email it to me and I'll mail you a program...

Tom

On the way. Thanks!

Fran

John Donovan brought Moon Pies. He is now invited to participate in all subsequent DCA championships :)
Mmm...Moon Pies *drool*
Those Moon Pies are my DCP moderator salary! I am not sure if I am getting my raise this year with the amount that are being given out by John
Sounds like we'll have to establish a new 'tradition'.

We'll do it next year.

"Moon Pies - Live from the Press box" right before the corps entered for retreat...and a small sampling of our power strips and adapters that kept us running!

img00770273869ta4.jpg

Renegades - First of all, thank you for letting me be a small part of the evil. I've never done honor guard before and it was a blast. I'm sorry my influence couldn't get you into the one place the corps has wanted ever since it's creation. Well, the SECOND place they wanted...

Thank You Kevin.

Your efforts are very appreciated, and we are honored that you chose to represent the Renegades.

If you haven't already received one, there is a '2008 Renegades' members patch with your name on it.(figure of speech) the same goes for all who joined our Honor guard this weekend. if you haven't received it yet, PM me and i will take care of it.

Again,

thank you all........you are so great!

WOW.....What a finals.

Let me start with the Class A.

these guys are a Class A bunch of people. They are awesome.

Alliance, Great job.

Fusion, Second or 3rd year out. Awesome job. you guy will have a championship soon.

Open Class.........

Wow. What can I say. I have sat through many finals nights. Never have I been so nervous waiting to hear the score. Nor have I exoerienced so much jumping and point changing.

Cru~ People didnt have you in finals, but you were. You guys did awesome. I cant wait to see you guys come back and make a statement next year.

Bush~ What a great comeback. That guard was awesome. Im so happy that you guys did what you had to to be where you were on Sunday

The TOP 5...Wow

I think I speak for alot of people when I say that we expected something exciting, but nothing like this.

Cabs, I agee with alot of people. Something must have happened. It wasnt your best preformance although it was a good one.

Hurcs. 2005: 10th, 2006: 7th, 2007: 7th, 2008: 4th. Best Colorguard, best honor guard. 2nd overall visually. Need I say more. Great job. Welcome back to the top 5

ES: Happy 25th. You guys did great. Alot of people thought you were going to knock Buccs out. Although you didnt, what a 25th.

MBI: What can I say. You broke the 4th place bubble. Look out for more things to come from these guys. Possible championship soon.

Bucs: 4th time in a row. What a dynasty. You guys have a great formula. What ever it is, keep it going. You guys have the correct recipe for success.

Fran, Missed your voice but Tom did a great job. Loved every minute of it.

THis was the most exciting finals night I have been through in a really long time. What all of these corps did this year was great for the activity. this activity needed this. Cant wait till 2009.