Fantasy Marching Arts

hostrauser

For those looking to pass the time until DCPI Season XI, Fantasy Marching Arts is now online.

http://fantasymarchingarts.com/

Looks pretty well thought out. Season starts next week, but you can join at any time. You have 160 performers that you can arrange any way you like between (up to) four ensembles: drum corps, marching band, winter guard and indoor drumline. Myself, I went with a 140 member drum corps and a 20 member indoor drumline. I would definitely recommend reading through the "How to Play" page before joining up and creating your ensembles.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely recommend reading through the "How to Play" page before joining up and creating your ensembles.

I second this. It looks kind of like SimCorps instead of a traditional fantasy league.

It seems like a pretty sophisticated system with rules based on money and "practice points" instead of actual DCI scores. It will be interesting to see how this system works out. It's more of a "how do I distribute my resources" game as opposed to the "study recaps and crunch numbers" game here.

And another interesting thing is that the resources you gather throughout the season carry over into the next season, and so on. So the corps that start competing in Season 1 will have a significant advantage over those who will register for Season 2 and so on. Interesting, to say the least. A little more like "real life" in that established corps have their history while new corps have to work their way up from nothing.

I second this. It looks kind of like SimCorps instead of a traditional fantasy league.

It seems like a pretty sophisticated system with rules based on money and "practice points" instead of actual DCI scores. It will be interesting to see how this system works out. It's more of a "how do I distribute my resources" game as opposed to the "study recaps and crunch numbers" game here.

Good comparisons, and very true.

Who all is doing this? I signed up. They're both different so I think it'll be something fun to do.

I have 4 units:

INT

111 Member World Class Drum Corps

(i was sure INT was going to be taken already, and was surprised to see its availability in the FMA marketplace)

Unspecified High School Marching Band

47 Member Class A Marching Band (with only 1 woodwind player in the pit)

Color Guard of Unspecified Identity

2 Member Class A Winter Guard

Drumline of Unspecified Identity

2 Member Class A Indoor Percussion Ensemble

Edited by Chris Rohn

Who all is doing this? I signed up. They're both different so I think it'll be something fun to do.

"Alex" is the site administrator and game creator. He also ran the prior incarnation, "FantasyMarchingBand.com", which lasted for ten season and was pretty fun, albeit tough.

I have 4 units:

INT

111 Member World Class Drum Corps

(i was sure INT was going to be taken already, and was surprised to see its availability in the FMA marketplace)

Unspecified High School Marching Band

47 Member Class A Marching Band (with only 1 woodwind player in the pit)

Color Guard of Unspecified Identity

2 Member Class A Winter Guard

Drumline of Unspecified Identity

2 Member Class A Indoor Percussion Ensemble

I should have known it was you who had made INT! :tongue:

Edited by drummerdude421

i have two ensembles on there

Drum Corps:

Rctic Regiment

140 members

Indoor Drumline:

Rctic Rhythm

20 members

Just put my 4 Groups in last night:

Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble

Nastalgia Winter Guard

Nastalgia Jazz (Marching Band)

Nastalgia Cadets (Drum Corps)

I am joining and Nemesis will be my corps--I may add a marching band as well...