hazing/misconduct

well at least it gives us something to ponder about in the off season haha

Being a college band member myself (Syracuse University MB, The Pride of the Orange) we were told at the beginning of the year that if our director had even any reason to believe that hazing or anything of the sort is going on, our director said he would immediately hand over the case to the Office of Judicial Affairs or the Syracuse Police Department (Not SU Department of Public Safety). I'm surprised a band with such traditions as Wisconsin did not have these strict guidelines.

Also is that stuff about the Bluecoats really true, I've heard several stories about it

and here at SU, our freshman initiation is whats called the Dome Stomp and its harmless, what happens is all the rookies have to stand in the grooves of the carrier dome and jump and stomp on the ground after being told a story about something that happened when the dome was first built, I remember me and all the other freshmen in my group were really scared at first thinking that they were gonna do something to us and thought the upperclassmen were gonna ambush us in some way but after it happened, we had nothing more to worry about

Edited by SUNSNARE07

Are you kidding me??? :thumbup:

Throwing jolly ranchers = funny

Fake deaths when announced 3rd = funny

Singing 'our god is an awesome god' while marching to retreat = funny

Vomiting on the field and verbal assaulting members of another corps = not funny

Sorry to go there again, but some things cant be ignored.... :thumbup:

actually getting hit in the face with a jolly rancher you didnt know was coming would be irritating as hell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rookie Talent, from what I've gathered, basically just needs to be done away with, at least in the corps with most members under 18. I've heard stories of badly handled rookie talent nights with winners being 16 and 17 year old girls getting naked and making out and bus captains screaming in peoples' faces at 3am to wake them up to do their talent when the corps had rehearsal at 8 the next morning... One of my friends from '06 and '07 was telling me about those...

maybe that corps should pick a bus captain that has the best interest of his/her corps in mind. As for the other event, I would bet all my money that no one made them do that, sooo... that's the responsibility of the individuals involved.

In 1992, I was in the North Texas MB and we travelled to Austin. The world-renowned drumline pulled of a VERY funny stunt DURING our performance that the Austin crowd went nuts over. Well, so did the UT Band Director, Glen Richter, and the UT President. The UNT President had the drum line in his office Monday morning and by Monday afternoon we had a new drumline. Oops. Had to happen. Dumb stuff has to be dealt with.

Oh come on....you CAN'T not tell the story in more detail!!