• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reviews on the DCA DVD's yet? There's usually a lot of comments from the members who never had the chance to see the other corps until the tapes come out.

Let's hear it.

I talked to a couple people in my corps who were absolutlely disgusted with the quality. You can't hear the hornlines when they are facing backfield and the overall picture quality was poor. I will find out for myself when I get home from my travels. But these are pretty reliable people who didn't complain about last years

I talked to a couple people in my corps who were absolutlely disgusted with the quality. You can't hear the hornlines when they are facing backfield and the overall picture quality was poor. I will find out for myself when I get home from my travels. But these are pretty reliable people who didn't complain about last years

The quality is definitely not HD but it did look better when I played them on my HD TV as opposed to my computer monitor. The sound appears to be overbalanced by the pit.

The DVD quality the last few years has been atrocious. Novice camera work at best, consistantly bad sound to the point last year they had to send out another DVD because the sound was off on the second disk by over a second. However as it's been explained to me in the past it's what we've gotta work with. I could deal with all of that (and I have purchased the last 2 years dvds). My only major gripe is the price, you definatly aren't getting what you pay for. Unfortunatly it's the least expensive for DCA. The almighty dollar wins again, too bad it's our dollars paying for a subpar product.

The DVD quality the last few years has been atrocious. Novice camera work at best, consistantly bad sound to the point last year they had to send out another DVD because the sound was off on the second disk by over a second. However as it's been explained to me in the past it's what we've gotta work with. I could deal with all of that (and I have purchased the last 2 years dvds). My only major gripe is the price, you definatly aren't getting what you pay for. Unfortunatly it's the least expensive for DCA. The almighty dollar wins again, too bad it's our dollars paying for a subpar product.

When did you folks get these DVDs and CDs? I ordered mine immediately after returning from the weekend and have yet to see anything in the mail. I ordered just the alumni show - in both CD and DVD. Perhaps that would make a difference.

Andy

mine usually arrive in mid-November. Rob orders them as a birthday present right after DCA's and they arrive a few days late every year. first watching usually occurs on Thanksgiving Day as the turkey cooks. it's one of our bizarre family traditions. :thumbup:

I was extremely dissapointed with the DVDs. The video quality itself is subpar to begin with. Everything is blurry, and even looks grainy at times. The camera work was extremely dissapointing. It seemed to miss every visual climax in our show, and diminished the musical impacts by cutting away at odd times.

Honestly, it would cut away run before a horn pop. At other times, when there were characterizations going on, it would focus on some random section of our corps that was just marching without playing. It was unreal. Absolutley not worth the price. The video someone took on their digital camera, not even a real digital camcorder and put on youtube, was just as good quality and didn't cut away at completely random times.

I try not to be so negative, but I was furious when I put this into the DVD player and fired it up.

It didn't even have a real menu!

Even though I'll still watch the DVD about 400 times, I will always have a bitter taste in my mouth because I knew it could be so much better.

I was extremely dissapointed with the DVDs. The video quality itself is subpar to begin with. Everything is blurry, and even looks grainy at times. The camera work was extremely dissapointing. It seemed to miss every visual climax in our show, and diminished the musical impacts by cutting away at odd times.

Honestly, it would cut away run before a horn pop. At other times, when there were characterizations going on, it would focus on some random section of our corps that was just marching without playing. It was unreal. Absolutley not worth the price. The video someone took on their digital camera, not even a real digital camcorder and put on youtube, was just as good quality and didn't cut away at completely random times.

I try not to be so negative, but I was furious when I put this into the DVD player and fired it up.

It didn't even have a real menu!

Even though I'll still watch the DVD about 400 times, I will always have a bitter taste in my mouth because I knew it could be so much better.

Does this really surprise anyone? I have yet to see the DVD & CD copies I ordered as soon as I returned home from DCA's this year, and the same comments appear, just like last year. I can just imagine what I'm going to see and hear once I receive my copies, but I have a good idea as to what this will be, from what I received last year and the aforementioned comments. From what I understand, bids are taken every year by DCA from companies, to record the DCA's, and the present organization "won" again. Who are the "losers"??? All of us who have to put up with the inferior product produced by this "Company", year after year. Wondering how this can all be fixed?? The only way that I can think of, is by not ordering, and who is going to do that? We are all so wanting to see the performances that we all participate in, that our only recourse is to place an order, since we can't be in the stands at the same time. What a travesty this all is - a real shame. This "company" should be ashamed of itself for the product they produce, and for what they charge us all for it. :smile:

they do a better job with TOB stuff....I don't get it. I came in with higher expectations for BVP, and while I haven't seen this year's yet, i'm not surprised to see more comments about the DCA tapes.

I don't understand how the quality slips so much for DCA

my guess is they know that people are going to buy it no matter what so they name their price and not give a crap what it looks or sounds like. or at least is seems like they don't give a crap about it.