So instead of whining, why not get in your #### car, drive to Newark, Ohio, and pick up the DVD's in person?

Pathetic.

:tongue::worthy::worthy::smile::smile:

Fran

Sorry Francisco, but my time is far too valuable for racing around the landscape doing the job that someone else should have done. It's called job security for my mail carrier.

And my car is NOT a #### car, it's a Volkswagen. So there!!!

And your use of the word "pathetic"..... This, coming from a guy whose shirts have to be fertilized and watered....

By the way, I was in Hawaii for a couple of weeks earlier this month. Went to shops all over the island trying to buy the most horrendous shirt I could find. Couldn't find one bad enough. Finally ran into a little old Hawaiian lady who told me, "No more ugly shirts on island. We send all ugly shirts to Baltimore. Dere some lunatic dere who buy dem all."

Andy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got mine today

And your use of the word "pathetic"..... This, coming from a guy whose shirts have to be fertilized and watered....

:tongue:

CLASSIC! :smile:

I don't know if anyone is ready for this.....

My DVD's and CD's of the Alumni Spectacular arrived in today's mail. Because I was at my office, I immediately grabbed the CD, ran out to my car, and plugged disc 3 into my CD player.

During the introduction, the voice sounded a lot like that of Ace Holleran - but I thought he didn't announce the show this year. At any rate, I thought "It must be someone who sounds like him."

As the voice introduced the "Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni," I snuggled down in my seat, lit a cigarette, and prepared to have my windows blown out.

When what to my wondering ears should appear, but the Hawthorne Alumni - FROM 2005!!!

I immediately checked everything, figuring I had somehow put in the wrong disc - but I hadn't. Not having been able to see the other alumni corps that day, I can't be sure that Hawthorne is the only one that's wrong - but a couple of references on other tracks seemed to indicate that they're okay.

I called BVP (or whoever) right away and they assured me that a correct disc would be sent out right away - no reference to any kind of reparations.

So.... If any of you have received your CD's, go directly to Hawthorne's track. If it starts out with "The Rumps," it ain't what you want!!

Andy

I don't know if anyone is ready for this.....

My DVD's and CD's of the Alumni Spectacular arrived in today's mail. Because I was at my office, I immediately grabbed the CD, ran out to my car, and plugged disc 3 into my CD player.

During the introduction, the voice sounded a lot like that of Ace Holleran - but I thought he didn't announce the show this year. At any rate, I thought "It must be someone who sounds like him."

As the voice introduced the "Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni," I snuggled down in my seat, lit a cigarette, and prepared to have my windows blown out.

When what to my wondering ears should appear, but the Hawthorne Alumni - FROM 2005!!!

Wow...... now aren't you glad you didn't drive all that way to pick up the DVD? :tongue:

Fran

Wow...... now aren't you glad you didn't drive all that way to pick up the DVD? :tongue:

Fran

You see, that's what would have happened if anyone had taken your advice.

I would have got down there, picked up the CD & DVD, jumped back in my car, and plugged in the CD. In my anger and outrage, I then would have performed a crazy U-turn on I-77 - probably wiping out an Amish family in their brand new SUV.

Word to the wise for everyone.... DON'T take advice (or sartorial recommendations) from Fran Haring!!!

Andy

pit is so loud :\

Now are you glad they are not amped yet??!? Image how that would sound :tongue::smile:

I called BVP (or whoever) right away and they assured me that a correct disc would be sent out right away - no reference to any kind of reparations.

So.... If any of you have received your CD's, go directly to Hawthorne's track. If it starts out with "The Rumps," it ain't what you want!!

Andy

Oh ####..... Thanks for the warning Andy as I would have listened to the whole show and then wondered what happened to "Hill Where the Lord Hides". Mine are in the mail too and wondering if BVP will go two in a row for me. Last year I plugged in the Alumni disc with Sky Alumni in the work PC and kept getting "Please insert disc" message. :thumbup: Nice people over the phone and got a replacement quick... but still....

LOL, bought some Fleetwood CDs this year and one had a problem too. Right jewel case, right label on the CD but wrong corps coming out of the speakers. Fleetwood sent the right one and let me keep the one I had for free so no problem there. But man, the gremlins must have been at DCA this year for Cabs as they were involved in my problem CD.