Windsor Regiment Mini Corps Announcement

I play in the Mercer County Community Concert band with a guy who is involved with the West Windsor VFW. If you would like, I can mention you folks to him for next Memorial Day. Let me know.

Another event you might want to check into is the Princeton University P-rade, billed as the "biggest sloppy parade in the world." It's usually the first weekend in June or thereabouts...and I know it does pay. We usually do it every year. It's very short...starts at the top of the hill on Nassau St and threads through the campus to the field at the bottom of the hill. PACKED with alums and viewers. Each 5th year class has to provide some kind of entertainment group, be it a music group or ????. Next June it would be the classes of 09, 04, 99, 94, etc....

There is also the Plainsboro Founders Day. We march the parade each year (beginning of May) and also play at the day-long fair, as does the jazz band. I bet they'd love another group...though I doubt it pays anything, come to think of it.

All great ideas, Mike. I'll be in touch via, "message". :happy:

Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windsor Regiment moves ahead into 2009

After coming off a successful inaugural performance at the MCA Championships in Albany, Windsor Regiment Mini Corps is moving forward into the 2009 season. We will be continuing with our "On the West Side of Windsor - a tribute to Stan Kenton" theme for the 2009 season, returning to competition with excerpts from West Side Story, Kenton Style. This year the repertoire will include "Tonight", "Prologue", "Cool", "Taunting Scene", and "Somewhere".

Rehearsals have been at very high level and we are excited going into the new year! With the maximum number of performing musicians being 21, we are looking for a few more players to fill out our line. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in competing in a mini-corps to join with our seasoned players. For directions and more information please visit our website at http://www.windsor-regiment.com or send me a message through DCP.

Just wanted to add to the message above that Windsor Regiment is still looking for additional musicians. We've had a few new additions lately but still want more to fill our line so whatever section you may be interested in I invite you to come on out and give us a look.

The book represents Kenton's West Side Story extremely well and will provide a challange to all, so if Jazz and Stan Kenton peak your interest as a player, you will enjoy these arrangements.

We have a number of rehearsals over the next few weeks (please see our web site for details) and if you have any questions I can be contacted through DCP or you can contact our Director (Kevin Serfass) through here or our web site above.