2009 Shows?

PrfctTimeOfDay

By this time last year we had quite a few groups announce their shows: Flanagan, Stoneman Douglas, Zydeco, Walton and others. WGI did a really good job of releasing the announcements on their site, but so far nothing has been announced. So, what do we know. . .anyone out there want to give us the inside scoop on shows for the upcoming season?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know from a previous post that Sonnor is doing Mozart.

Elizabethtown Ind. is doing "Cold Water" by Damien Rice.

That's all I know.........

We know from a previous post that Sonnor is doing Mozart.

Elizabethtown Ind. is doing "Cold Water" by Damien Rice.

That's all I know.........

Cold Water. . .Fantastic selection!! I hope you can get your kids to pull the emotion from the music and put it onto the floor. If so, this is going to be one powerful show. .

Side note: Damien Rice's CD 'O'. .is a masterpiece that tells the story of love, loss and hope....and it should be in everyone's collection! :-)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I hear from my source that there are a lot of groups doing string quartet versions of various pop songs. Sort of a classical feel without being classical music. He's in a position to see the trends early, and that's what he's predicting for this year. There must be some group that released an album of these recently or something.

I hear from my source that there are a lot of groups doing string quartet versions of various pop songs. Sort of a classical feel without being classical music. He's in a position to see the trends early, and that's what he's predicting for this year. There must be some group that released an album of these recently or something.

My guess is that it's "The Vitamin String Quartet"

i'm thrilled to report that east coast designer jerry corradino is staging south shore drill team's open class guard's 2009 production titled "yes we can" using the music,"thunder" from "nuttin but string's" and will feature president elect obama's acceptance speech layered over the soundtrack.the open guard will consist of between 22 and 24 performers.mr. corradino is assisted by katie armstrong formerly of st. ann's [soundtrack construction and execution] and john leonard of "blast" and "the cadets" on movement and weapon tech.

you can see the fantastic south shore drill team at the indy,dayton and nashville regionals as well as mid-west color guard circuit.

Edited by dugg

i'm thrilled to report that boston area designer jerry corradino is staging south shore drill team's open class guard's 2009 production titled "yes we can" using the music,"thunder" from "nuttin but string's" and will feature president elect obama's acceptance speech layered over the soundtrack.the open guard will consist of between 22 and 24 performers.mr. corradino is assisted by katie armstrong formerly of st. ann's [soundtrack construction and execution] and john leonard of "blast" and "the cadets" on movement and weapon tech.

you can see the fantastic south shore drill team at the indy,dayton and nashville regionals as well as mid-west color guard circuit.

This sounds like it could be an amazing show. . .dugg, do you know if they plan on going to worlds as well?

dugg, do you know if they plan on going to worlds as well?

yes,i beleive so! :rolleyes: