Plymouth Review

One more drum corps just north of the Mass border - The Muchacho's - Manchester, NH - going into their 12 year.

I hear they are getting new design uniforms for next year. www.muchachos.org

sombrero.jpg

Open House Dec 14th - Boys and Girls Club, Union St. Manchester, NH 11a- 3p

Well, I can't do a review since I was a participant, but I would like to give my observations.

First off, the weather...In my 42 years of marching parades, this was the coldest!! The sun felt good, but that wind whipping off the Atlantic was vicious. I have heard from Plymouth vets that this year's weather was actually good. One year it was that cold and windy plus it sleeted!!

The performance with Light Brigade was really special. I would like to thank all my corpsmates for helping to make it that way. Since moving to Boston and joining up this summer, it was a thrill to watch it come together for what was destined to be our last performance. The 27th Lancers has been one of my fondest drum corps memories since the first time I saw them at Shriners in Toronto in 1970. So, to have the opportunity to play some of those classic arrangements and put on the plaid was like a dream come true. I found a rich drum corps tradition there which made me feel at home and the crowd reinforced that.

Thanks for the memories.

Geof, It goes without saying that the Crusaders Seniors would welcome you and any other Brigade members with open arms. We also have a rich and proud tradition, and we practice in Melrose, MA, a short drive. We performed with 40 horns, about 20 percussionists, and a small but active guard this year, and hope to grow even more in 2009. Our open house is at the Prince VFW Post on Main St., Melrose on Sunday Jan. 4th, from 1-4.

Art Kellerman

Geof, It goes without saying that the Crusaders Seniors would welcome you and any other Brigade members with open arms. We also have a rich and proud tradition, and we practice in Melrose, MA, a short drive. We performed with 40 horns, about 20 percussionists, and a small but active guard this year, and hope to grow even more in 2009. Our open house is at the Prince VFW Post on Main St., Melrose on Sunday Jan. 4th, from 1-4.

Art Kellerman

Thanks, Art,

I will try my best to keep the time open so that I can be there.

Geoff

I will tell you Steve did an awesome job on that bari solo in the Chicago thing...in fact all the soloists in that were great! Loved it!

I just posted video's of The Boston Crusaders Sr. corps on You Tube...

Part 1:

Part 2:

Here is a link to the Chicago medley from The Light Brigade in Plymouth.