Plymouth Review

Anyone have a review of the Plymouth show?

I was performing with two groups so I didn't get to see the other corps.

Thanks,

Steve

I would love to see the performances of some of these corps, especially the (sob) final appearance of the Light Brigade. By chance do they videotape this show and if yes, is it available for sale?

I will tell you Steve did an awesome job on that bari solo in the Chicago thing...in fact all the soloists in that were great! Loved it!

I just posted video's of The Boston Crusaders Sr. corps on You Tube...

Part 1:

Part 2:

I would love to see the performances of some of these corps, especially the (sob) final appearance of the Light Brigade. By chance do they videotape this show and if yes, is it available for sale?

Here is the link to Light Brigade's performance in Plymouth.

Here is the link to Light Brigade's performance in Plymouth.

If anyone video'ed the Cabs Alumni, I would appreciate it if you posted it on youtube as well.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I can't do a review since I was a participant, but I would like to give my observations.

First off, the weather...In my 42 years of marching parades, this was the coldest!! The sun felt good, but that wind whipping off the Atlantic was vicious. I have heard from Plymouth vets that this year's weather was actually good. One year it was that cold and windy plus it sleeted!!

The performance with Light Brigade was really special. I would like to thank all my corpsmates for helping to make it that way. Since moving to Boston and joining up this summer, it was a thrill to watch it come together for what was destined to be our last performance. The 27th Lancers has been one of my fondest drum corps memories since the first time I saw them at Shriners in Toronto in 1970. So, to have the opportunity to play some of those classic arrangements and put on the plaid was like a dream come true. I found a rich drum corps tradition there which made me feel at home and the crowd reinforced that.

Thanks for the memories.

Well, I can't do a review since I was a participant, but I would like to give my observations.

First off, the weather...In my 42 years of marching parades, this was the coldest!! The sun felt good, but that wind whipping off the Atlantic was vicious. I have heard from Plymouth vets that this year's weather was actually good. One year it was that cold and windy plus it sleeted!!

The performance with Light Brigade was really special. I would like to thank all my corpsmates for helping to make it that way. Since moving to Boston and joining up this summer, it was a thrill to watch it come together for what was destined to be our last performance. The 27th Lancers has been one of my fondest drum corps memories since the first time I saw them at Shriners in Toronto in 1970. So, to have the opportunity to play some of those classic arrangements and put on the plaid was like a dream come true. I found a rich drum corps tradition there which made me feel at home and the crowd reinforced that.

Thanks for the memories.

Geoff,

You don't have to let it (drum corps) go. There's still a helluva good alumni corps there in the Boston area - known as the Crusaders. I know some of the guys involved and they're great. The tradition is most certainly there. And the quality of the corps leaves nothing to be desired. Stick with it!!

And, there are a couple of folks from Beverly in the corps. I'm sure they'll be happy to help in getting you involved.

Andy

Thanks for the memories.

Hi Geoff,

It was a pleasure performing with you in the Light Brigade.

What a great performance to out on!

If you still have my card, please get in touch.

As we talked about before, and for anyone else who may be interested, The Defenders of Rockland have had a very successful first year. We have over 50 horns and a small but smokin' drum line. We have a full rehearsal once a month and 2 optional sectional rehearsals for those who need or want to play more often. Our open house is planned for January 18 at the Rockland Community Center (Union St. - diagonally across from Holy Family Church) from 1 to 4 PM.

For more information contact Dale at:

dale@defendersalumni.org

or Steve at:

steve@defendersalumni.org

WEB SITE:

http://www.defendersalumni.org/

We have openings in all sections.

Thanks,

Steve

Great show this year. Despite the cold and wind, it did not dampen the spirits of all the participants. One of the largest crowds in recent years. This weekend is definitely the highlight of most of the corps.

Was there anybody there who will do a review of the show? The reviews of the alumni corps were a little sparse this past year, and as a member of the alumni circuit, we really crave to hear what you all thought of our performances. Since there are no judges, our audience reviews are the only satisfaction we get. So please, lets hear from you.

Thanks.

Great show this year. Despite the cold and wind, it did not dampen the spirits of all the participants. One of the largest crowds in recent years. This weekend is definitely the highlight of most of the corps.

Was there anybody there who will do a review of the show? The reviews of the alumni corps were a little sparse this past year, and as a member of the alumni circuit, we really crave to hear what you all thought of our performances. Since there are no judges, our audience reviews are the only satisfaction we get. So please, lets hear from you.

Thanks.

It was great to march in the parade with the Defenders, despite the cold, and perform Saturday night. Marching with old friends in the drumline was the balls.

Hopefully next year we will have a bigger, more smokin' drumline.