Always wanted to march in the Bridgemen buuuuuutttt

Always wanted to march in the Bridgemen buuuuuutttt, please read Hmmmmmmm, thats a big butt. :thumbup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all you drumcorp nuts out there,

Happy New Year and a healthy to all out there !!!!!!

Im just posting this note to let you all know that the Bridgemen will be having a weekend rehearsal THIS WEEKEND Jan 10th and 11th

The corp has room in all sections and color guard, but the clock is ticking and soon the ranks will be locked for the up coming season, so if you thought about marching with us, NOW IS THE TIME !!!!!!!

The show is going to be the best the Bridgemen put out on the field thus far in our come back and this year the drumline will be doing a hope to die drum solo not a fill or a drum break a SOLO........!

The guard is promising to be the largest that we put on the field yet !!!!! and the guard work looks very nice indeed......

The hornline is doing just fine by my ears .....last rehearsal really impressed me.....man are they going to smoke this year....

Things are rolling along nicely in good ole Bayonne, but like I said, we want to get a few more people in the ranks....

St Andrews parish Hall 4th St and Broadway in Bayonne, NJ stop in and say hello !!!!!!

Rick Tabor #3

• 3 weeks later...
ahh. how much Id give to march bridgemen.. but.... 3,000 miles from spokane, wa to bayonne, nj. Oh well, i'll live it in my dreams!

Live'n the Dream Baby!!!

From www.bridgemen.com

Alumni Corps' January Camp Rescheduled

January 16, 2009

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps has rescheduled their January rehearsal camp for the weekend of Saturday, January 24th from 12pm-5pm and Sunday, January 25th from 12pm-6pm at St. Andrew's School on Broadway at the corner of 4th Street in Bayonne, NJ.

There are still openings in all sections and if you are interested in joining, please come down to our January camp.

Orbitz, booked Friday 1/23

Milwaukee to Newark and back, non stop, + room at Holiday Inn--$293.22

Rental Car--$76

Time in BridgemenLand--PRICELESS!!!

Live'n the Dream Baby!!!

From www.bridgemen.com

Alumni Corps' January Camp Rescheduled

January 16, 2009

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps has rescheduled their January rehearsal camp for the weekend of Saturday, January 24th from 12pm-5pm and Sunday, January 25th from 12pm-6pm at St. Andrew's School on Broadway at the corner of 4th Street in Bayonne, NJ.

There are still openings in all sections and if you are interested in joining, please come down to our January camp.

Orbitz, booked Friday 1/23

Milwaukee to Newark and back, non stop, + room at Holiday Inn--$293.22

Rental Car--$76

Time in BridgemenLand--PRICELESS!!!

STOP WITH THE RENTAL CAR, ALREADY! :music:

We'll pick you up! :w00t:

STOP WITH THE RENTAL CAR, ALREADY! :laughing:

We'll pick you up! :w00t:

What a wonderful experience this past weekend was! I cannot believe how good the music sounded in JANUARY. If you are wondering about whether or not to march, please just come on down to a practice. You will not regret it! Pagliacci, Big Noise from Winnetka, Hymn to the World's Last Whale, Spanish Dreams, NY NY...come on, it just does not get any better!

And a personal thank you to the best drum major I have ever known, Jim Jordan!

Sir, you are not only a great DM, but a kind and supportive person. It is such an honor to be able to march under you and to have Larry K. and Dennis D. working with us. It is just an awsome musical experience to work with the Bridgemen. PRICELESS.

And to George--I have waited since '82 to play NY NY with the corps, again, you make my dream come true! You have a great staff and fun bunch of people to work with. I am so proud of you guys!

Oh, and when staying in the Newark area, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn at the airport. Excellent amenities--gift shop, workout room, convenience store, full sit down restaurant, deli shop and a superb 6 TV sports lounge with excellent service. A truly wonderfull weekend--makes one almost want to not come home! There were even other musicians hanging out after their gigs. I can't wait to get back in town!

HYPE!!!

Edited by BigDale

What a wonderful experience this past weekend was! I cannot believe how good the music sounded in JANUARY. If you are wondering about whether or not to march, please just come on down to a practice. You will not regret it! Pagliacci, Big Noise from Winnetka, Song of the World's Last Whale, Spanish Dreams, NY NY...come on, it just does not get any better!

And a personal thank you to the best drum major I have ever known, Jim Jordan!

Sir, you are not only a great DM, but a kind and supportive person. It is such an honor to be able to march under you and to have Larry K. and Dennis D. working with us. It is just an awsome musical experience to work with the Bridgemen. PRICELESS.

And to George--I have waited since '82 to play NY NY with the corps, again, you make my dream come true! You have a great staff and fun bunch of people to work with. I am so proud of you guys!

Oh, and when staying in the Newark area, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn at the airport. Excellent amenities--gift shop, workout room, convenience store, full sit down restaurant, deli shop and a superb 6 TV sports lounge with excellent service. A truly wonderfull weekend--makes one almost want to not come home! There were even other musicians hanging out after their gigs. I can't wait to get back in town!

HYPE!!!

Thank you very much, Dale! You are really way too kind!

It's great to have so many incredibly talented people like you to work with in the Bridgemen!

And so many warm, caring, and friendly individuals, as well! Gee...in the Bridgemen? Who wudda thunk??? :rolleyes:

It makes my job very easy!

Already looking forward to our next rehearsals in less than two weeks! (February 7th & 8th)

Hope to see you again very soon...

JJ

PS - One correction...the ballad is entitled "Hymn to the Last Whale", by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. We played it in 1978.

.....PS - One correction...the ballad is entitled "Hymn to the Last Whale", by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. We played it in 1978.

I just happened to watch the '78 DVD last night. This is the song where y'all made the wedge/cone rotation off of the 50, right?

If I didn't look so good in plaid, I think I'd go Bananas. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, Dale! You are really way too kind!

It's great to have so many incredibly talented people like you to work with in the Bridgemen!

And so many warm, caring, and friendly individuals, as well! Gee...in the Bridgemen? Who wudda thunk??? :rolleyes:

It makes my job very easy!

Already looking forward to our next rehearsals in less than two weeks! (February 7th & 8th)

Hope to see you again very soon...

JJ

PS - One correction...the ballad is entitled "Hymn to the Last Whale", by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. We played it in 1978.

------------------------------

Whale schmale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP WE ARE PLAYING SPANISH DREAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Few more things on the bucket list and I am ready to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blondie