DCPI-11 Season Discussion

The Corps of Unspecified Identity continues to rehearse this afternoon in preparation for tonight's performance in Dayton, Ohio. The kids are all very excited to debut their program, Space Chords and Pedal Tones. Composer John Doe has been working closely with the kids this week to refine his work. We are expecting extremely close results tonight, competing head-to-head with legendary DCPI corps such as Kosmos and Nastalgia Vanguard.

Both corps finished ahead of The Corps of Unspecified Identity in last season's Championship Finals. Also competing in World Class competition tonight are The Stud Bolts and Potomac River Knights.

Can The Stud Bolts, who finished 15th in last season's semi-finals, or Potomac River Knights, who placed 20th in DCPI-8 and are returning to the field after two seasons off, upset the remaining field of finalists in tonight's competition? Join us tonight in Dayton for a season opener which is sure to set the stage for the rest of the season!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight in the opening night of season 11 DCP-I there will be huge line up of 22 corps in competition at Martin Luther King Jr. High School in Riverside, California.

Begin the show will be the A Class:

Los Osos

Glory of Aurora

Raincross (HOST)

Viper Brigade

VK³

With 2 new corps stepping off for the very first time, 1 former champion return to the field after a few years of inactivity, a quarter-finalist and finalist from last season, this should be good.

Open Class:

Southern Colorado T-Boltz

Crimson Kings

Firebird Cadets

Royal Squadron

Crimson Regiment

Pink Angels

VK Too

Glory of Eden

The growth of the activity can be seen in the fact that we have 4 first timers, a corps who has made the jump from A Class to Open Class and 3 finalists from last season doing battle. The season is early but I can see the rivalries heating up between some of these corps.

World Class:

Titan Regiment

Xpress

Firebird

Penguin Brigade

Elite Brigade

El Giganté

Rocky Mountain Thunder

Glory of Polaris

Velour Knights

Let the fireworks begin!! All of these corps have seen each other before. Two name changes, another home town corps, 2 semi-finalists and 2 finalist, one being the defending champion, all bets are off when the announcer says “You may take the field for competition”

Good luck to all corps and safe journey in travel.

It was a showdown last night in Bowling Green, Ohio between Kosmos, Nastalgia Vanguard, The Corps of Unspecified Identity and Potomac River Knights. The crowd, many of whom were in Dayton the night before for DCPI opening night, were all wowed by the performances.

Featuring the music of Clint Mansell, Bela Bartok, Richard Danielpour and Eric Whitacre, Kosmos took the audience through the twists and turns of a serpentine world with their program, Labyrinth. The corps delivery was exceptional for their second night of the season, and are sure to be a contender yet again for the championship title.

Nastalgia Vanguard, easily the crowd favorite tonight, had everyone on their feet a minute before the show was over with their program titled, Champions, a medley of the productions of DCI Champions over the last decade.

Also a crowd pleaser, Potomac River Knights were welcomed back to the field with a rousing ovation after taking two seasons off. Their program titled Opus features American Symphony by Glenn Holland, Come Sail Away by Styx, Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

The Corps of Unspecified Identity, however, left people in their seats. While technically proficient and reasonably clean for this point in the season, their show, Space Chords and Pedal Tones did not connect with the crowd tonight.

Unfortunately the crowd left the show disappointed without scores last night, as had also happened Friday in Dayton due to DCPI's decision to make the transition to Macintosh computers for tabulation after last season. DCPI has assured the fans and the corps that the tabulation process is being worked on and that extended score delay should not be an issue in the near future.

Nastalgia Vanguard heads to Sioux City, Iowa for a performance on Monday, while The Corps of Unspecified Identity and Potomac River Knights head east to Erie, Pennsylvania. Kosmos travels on Monday for a performance in South Carolina on Tuesday.

Edited by Chris Rohn

After a great Season X Production and a change in Hometown, The Hurricanes are ready to leave it out there this season. :thumbup:

World Class:

Titan Regiment

Xpress

Firebird

Penguin Brigade

Elite Brigade

El Giganté

Rocky Mountain Thunder

Glory of Polaris

Velour Knights

Wow, good season opener line up! Can't wait to see scores.

I have my Rookie of the Season standings up and running for Season XI! All rookie CORPS, not just new directors, are eligible (despite what the subtitle says- my bad), and I'm keeping track of all 3 classes this time. Register your corps in the Rookie of the Season topic now! :thumbup:

Edited by aNiMaL

Look at those opening night results! Looks like our hard work has paid off so far, and our Space Chords and Pedal Tones program is keeping the judges happy.

Hm. Not the results I was hoping for, and now I'm thoroughly confused as to how this is supposed to work. I've got one of the highest possible combinations for GE score on Polaris, and my GE scores (particularly my Music GE) are severely lagging.

Are you sure they are the highest combination for this time in the season? And if it is a generated score, that could have an effect.