All Japan Championships

mayormccheese

Anyone know the date? Will it be on the Fan Network?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be on January 11 at Ajinomoto Stadium.

Fan Network? hehehh.... nah

I'll try and post more info later on the exact details of the event.

The Inspires own!

Not anymore. They didn't even qualify for All Japan this year.

yeah, they have been quite the talk this past year. Who would ever thought that there could be drama in Japan's drum corps as well.

This is the problem with me being so far away . . .I had no idea. What happened? Staff changes? Just not enough members? Or was it programming related?

The only solution, of course, is for DCP to pay to fly me over to Japan to cover the Championships. :worthy:

This is the problem with me being so far away . . .I had no idea. What happened? Staff changes? Just not enough members? Or was it programming related?

It was staff related. As far as I know management staff didn't agree with the creative/instructional staff. The same staff that produced a championship corps three times in four years, and produced what are some of the greatest drum corps shows ever.

Sad. If they had made it to All Japan they may have finished tenth at the most. The Yokohama Scouts are going to walk away with this year's trophy. Good show, and the have one Hell of a drumline.

I know it was staff related, but there's a few stories swimming around on what went about. But, any transition (good or bad) that takes place takes some time to get used to.

DCJ... Scouts are the favorites. There was something flying around that Jokers may be Div. 1 as they might be 1 man over the D2 max. Jokers have a killer show this year. I don't know if Tokyo Phoenix (D2 this year) can match their power, but they did put together one of my favorite shows of all time only 3 years ago. We'll see.

In any case, I get to go to DCJ as a spectator for the first time ever, so I'm stoked! You looking to be there Dave?

You looking to be there Dave?

Of course.