Finals Predictions

BDB abd SCVC are only hyped because of their more familar BD and SCV, respectively. Without BD or SCV, they would be last. Cap Reg always put people to sleep, except Kathy Kerrins the judge who is always judging with frosted and jelly donuts during their performance. Teal Sound is big for the division creating a lot of tick possibilities, so one tick and judges will follow throughout. You forgot to mention Citations, that has all of Spartans old staff, but can not handle tough competition.

BDB and SCVC should be last? Those are two very good drum corps. I don't think you fully appreciate how hard it is for a drum corps to operate under the umbrella of being a feeder for another corps in the same organization.

Also, Cap Reg was a successful WC corps not to long ago and are recruiting everywhere. Don't take them for granted. They may come out and struggle to make finals in OC. They also may come out and put the hurt on some people.

Teal sound too big? This is officially the first time I have ever heard someone referring to a drum corps as too big.

I dont think you have room to be calling other people idiots with arguments like this.

Edited by roosevelt

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though they have been averaging 12-13 brass per camp/rehearsal again this year???

Yes but they will be much cleaner than Teal Sound's 72 apparantly

Young kids with too much time on their hands. They should step away from the keyboard and go outside and get dirty.

Oooooh - I like getting dirty....

Seriously - yep - bingo!

BDB abd SCVC are only hyped because of their more familar BD and SCV, respectively. Without BD or SCV, they would be last. Cap Reg always put people to sleep, except Kathy Kerrins the judge who is always judging with frosted and jelly donuts during their performance. Teal Sound is big for the division creating a lot of tick possibilities, so one tick and judges will follow throughout. You forgot to mention Citations, that has all of Spartans old staff, but can not handle tough competition.

How long have you been away from drum corps? the tick system has been gone for a long time... Spartans will have a hard time competing against the top 12 from last year.

*Obvious Troll Alert*

Also, everyone predicting Capitol Sound....Capitol Sound is inactive...I'm pretty sure you mean Capital Regiment.

From what I have heard after the December camp, Teal is pretty far ahead of last year already, especially in the percussion section. Looks like the addition of Campese and the guys from Infinity and Stryke indoor will greatly improve the musical portion of the book. Brass section will once again be spot on and play with huge sound. Also with the likes of the guys that are on the visual staff, I don't think the feet thing is going to be an issue this season, IMO.

In regards to SCVC and BDB....both of those programs are sure to be right back at the top again this season. They have proven themselves as two of the top programs year after year, yet still not enough people give them credit for what they do. Always interesting to see these two go back and forth at the begiining of the season and then duke it out at the end.

Oregon....will have to wait and see how they fall into this year's mix. Should be interesting though with the improvements they made last year. Saw these kids in Michigan City and they are young but have been taught well. With a little older corps they should be back at the top and could make a run for the title.

Citations...another corps that could come on strong again this season if they have a good return of membership.

Cap. Reg and Music City....both of these teams could bring a lot to the table this season and create some interesting scenarios at the end.

Revolution...should be improved and with the addition of a few more brass, could be looking at a top 5 finish.

VK...will once again be very entertaining and have a great fan following.....especially the SHARK!!

Raiders...hopefully will prove to be a good season for them. If they can retain the horns from the winter that they supposedly have now, they should be pretty decent.

Memphis....Kind of hard to know anything about them right now. Not sure with the move to Dallas, new staff, admin.....could work well or could not.

To all of the OC, best of luck as you prepare for 2009!!

I'm confused, why are people picking Raiders ahead of Teal Sound? Isn't this the same Raiders corps that Teal Sound was beating decisively in the beginning of the season last year?

Also, sunguard, did Teal Sound add anyone new on the visual staff?

Here are my predictions...

1. Oregon Crusaders: Huge jump last year from 2007. Everything I've heard about them since they went through all those changes in 2007 has been that this corps came back from almost folding and is on the rise. With the merger of Spokane and Cascades, I expect some of the members of Spokane might go to the Crusaders. These factors put them over the top this year.

2. BDB: Back with a vengeance about being denied last year and they top the Vanguard Cadets, but Crusaders' momentum proves to be too much for them and they take 2nd again.

3. Vanguard Cadets: Love them but it could've gone either way last year. I expect both BD corps to come back with a vengeance last year and so I think Vanguard Cadets will fall to 3rd.

4. Teal Sound: Surprised that they seemed to fall off at the end of last season. Not sure where to put this corps, they have the potential to win I think, but that's what people were saying last year and they didn't come through. Perhaps it was only due to the theft that took place on tour because I really think this corps can do it, but for now I'll put them 4th.

5. Citations: I expect that they'll be bigger this year since they proved last year that they are for real. Another year for the old Spartans staff and this corps should be much improved. How will the percussion do this year? This corps has a lot of potential.

6. Captial Regiment: Not sure how strong they'll be this year in their return. It's been a couple years so I'm not expecting a lot of old vets back. I think they'll be very close with Citations.

7. Revolution: Percussion was really strong last year but this corps seems to just be "hanging around" back here. With Crossmen supposedly pulling in a lot of auditionees, I expect to see more of the same from this corps. Come out and prove me wrong!

8. Dutch Boy: This corps is on its way up! I enjoyed your show last year and I think this corps will continue to improve.

9. Raiders: I want to put this corps higher because they're supposedly bigger but I'm not sure. They were big in 2007 and that didn't help them. I think Dutch Boy continues to improve and beats them out this year. I'd like to hear why people are placing them so high, maybe I'm missing something about them. They've been around this spot for the last few years, haven't they?

10. Yamato: Glad to see them back last year and I think they will build on their finals appearance.

11. Memphis Sound: Not sure what to expect from them. They were great in 2007 and I would love to see them back in that form!

12. Legends: This corps builds on a great first year and makes their first finals appearance!

13. VK: Could be higher. I would love to see them in finals, that way I could watch them on the DVD :tongue: but I just don't see who to bump out. They do seem to be gaining momentum though.

I didn't add any new corps to this list because I have nothing to go on. I think there will be a big gap between 13 and the rest of the corps, new corps notwithstanding.

Good luck to all corps this year!

EDIT: Added to include Capital Regiment.

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567

Here's some advice; talk about finals predictions in August. Most corps don't even have their themes announced yet... Give it a rest...

Why is it that open class corps are so sensitive - this is done in the WC forums with people just expressing thier thoughts and desires with no ill well intended. It is not facts just guesses and I am sorry the argument that some kid will get online and see a projection that places them lower and not march is bull. DCP is not that powerful - if it was recruiting efforts here alone would mean all open class corps should have all holes filled with thier annoucement post.

Keep the talk coming - cause some talk is better than a forum with no talk. How else is Open Class going to grow.

BTW - the bueaty of Open Class is you see such variences from year to year in placement - unlike in Open Class where you have the same top 3 every year! Open Class Rocks! I have made a New Years Resolution to be more vocal on DCP! SUPPORT OPEN CLASS!

I leave now and in the words of Johnny Storm - FLAME ON!