Great Video on CNN about a band program

That is what makes music so special.

Zach Cogdill is my nominee for Boston Crusaders alumni of the year! What an incredible job this young man has done at his high school!

OldSoprano just returned from seeing his alma mater's band off on their trip to Washington -- he said every media outlet in Atlanta was there to cover their departure, and the local ABC affiliate station is sending a reporter and cameraman along with them on the bus.

Recent coverage:

New York Times

Atlanta Journal-Constitution

WSB Channel 2 / ABC

WAGA Fox 5 Atlanta

WXIA Channel 11 NBC

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

Zach Cogdill is my nominee for Boston Crusaders alumni of the year! What an incredible job this young man has done at his high school!

Great story. I am a software engineer and when I was graduating from college I had a somewhat heated argument with an interviewer during a job interview about the importance of music education. I had not spent a day in the "real world" of business but I already knew that my high school, college, and especially drum corps music education had made me a better, stronger and much more rounded individual. The guy was a total ######. I won't name the company by it rhymed with Pewlett Hackard.

There need to be more stories like this that make it obvious to more people how important this part of people's lives can be and how much good can come from the efforts.