Getting your hands on Drum Corps Japan CDs/DVDs . . .

bawker

Any conversion problem with DVDs from Japan playing in US players?

Asking because European electricity uses a different current(?) than US. Not only is the US/Europe equipment incompatible, but VHS tapes will not work in the others machine. Bought a VHS tape at the Iceland airport years ago (using up the excess Kroner) and had to have the tape converted so I could see it at home. :cool: (Conversion cost more than the tape. :smile: )

Japan is DVD region 2. However, you can find DVDs that are all region. I'll email PALS to find out. As far as the electricity thing . . . stuff here is 50 and 60 hertz, because eastern Japan is 50Hz, and west Japan is 60Hz.

The DCJ DVDs are DVD rom, so they are not specified to any region... in fact, most of PALs stuff are region free... so are DCI DVDs

As far as the electricity thing . . . stuff here is 50 and 60 hertz, because eastern Japan is 50Hz, and west Japan is 60Hz.

LMAO, keeps getting worse and worse :cool: .

And US/Europe has that 120/220 volts(?) thing going on. :smile:

Too bad I never made it to Yokosuka to see it first hand. :sad:

• 2 months later...

I received mine yesterday. It's high cam only, but the picture quality is good and so is the sound.

Again I am amazed at how all the shows were entertaing. Just some great stuff to be seen. Scouts were so obviously the champions. Their drumline was scary good at times. Tokyo Phoenix still has the best brass sound in Japan. Inspires were rough around the edges, but the show was as well designed as the past few years. Visually it was the most interesting program. Of course, all the top groups were pwnd by the Shonan Dolphins!

I received mine yesterday. It's high cam only, but the picture quality is good and so is the sound.

Again I am amazed at how all the shows were entertaing. Just some great stuff to be seen. Scouts were so obviously the champions. Their drumline was scary good at times. Tokyo Phoenix still has the best brass sound in Japan. Inspires were rough around the edges, but the show was as well designed as the past few years. Visually it was the most interesting program. Of course, all the top groups were pwnd by the Shonan Dolphins!

ordering the DVDs just slipped my mind... I need to get on the ball!

ordering the DVDs just slipped my mind... I need to get on the ball!

I should mention the great service from PALS. I placed my order last Thursday, and received it the following Monday.

Ordered them Thursday and got them today. You're right, Scouts were cleaner, but Inspa is a very interesting and entertaining show.

English announcer could do without, or find someone else... I love what he's doing, but man...

Something strange I noticed about the DVDs was that the right and left channels are mixed up. Really apparent in Inspa's show when the sops and baris exchange licks. Baris are side 1, but I heard them in my right ear (was wearing headphones).