Getting your hands on Drum Corps Japan CDs/DVDs . . .

bawker

So, I've recently started building up my DCA collection over the holidays . . .and plan on ordering some DCE stuff next week too.

However, I don't think I've ever seen any way to order media from DCJ (I can get around the region issue for the DVD's, so that's not a problem . . .)

Is there an online store that I'm not aware of (I don't see one on the homepage, unless I missed it), or do I have to know someone and send them the money to buy it for me at the next DCJ show? :laughing:

Thanks!

DCJ DVDs aren't really publicized. Last year's DVD and this year's have to be purchased through PALS Tokyo. Prior DVDs I think are PALS as well, but I had purchased them through Dynasty Japan.

PALS does except credit cards, but I'm not sure how their system works. I've always e-mailed them directly for ordering information and paid by COD.

PM me later on and I'll give you the contact name I have for the guy at PALS that seems to also understand (or at least writes emails in) English.

This would also be a possible way of ordering...

https://www.pals.co.jp/form_othergoods/form.html

[in Japanese]

What about CD's? I guess I can always rip the audio from the DVD's, if need be . . .

No CDs

• 2 weeks later...

Any conversion problem with DVDs from Japan playing in US players?

Asking because European electricity uses a different current(?) than US. Not only is the US/Europe equipment incompatible, but VHS tapes will not work in the others machine. Bought a VHS tape at the Iceland airport years ago (using up the excess Kroner) and had to have the tape converted so I could see it at home. :thumbup: (Conversion cost more than the tape. :rolleyes: )

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I'm thinking there would be . . .but I was planning on using a region-free player for the PC (like VLC Player) to run through my home theater PC.

Of course, I still have to figure out how to order the DVD's in the first place, too . . . :rolleyes:

I'm thinking there would be . . .but I was planning on using a region-free player for the PC (like VLC Player) to run through my home theater PC.

Of course, I still have to figure out how to order the DVD's in the first place, too . . . :rolleyes:

Translation: My cheap ###ed DVD player ain't gonna make it. :thumbup:

Actually the second player we have: first one had problems with DVD+R or +RW or +FU2. :thumbup: (Had a 17 year old at Circuit City (RIP) explain it to me. :thumbup: )

Thanks for the info...

Edited by JimF-3rdBari