• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the OFFICIAL announcement.

NO, that is the website announcement.

When you end your camps with "parts from our 2009 show, 'The Red Violin'" during show and tell to an open audience, you've officially announced your show.

PR probably didn't want to do a Cadets kinda thing,,

announce one show,, and find they can't do it,, and change to another similar theme,,,

So.. although they may have said something couple months ago after the first camp,, it wasn't official until just recently..

big difference,,, and no red faced changes.. and no, i'm not putting down cadets,,, i actually enjoy their brass books,,

the,, ummmm vocal books are,,,, ummmm

i really enjoy their brass books lol

NO, that is the website announcement.

When you end your camps with "parts from our 2009 show, 'The Red Violin'" during show and tell to an open audience, you've officially announced your show.

Your right, it is a website announcement which is also an official announcement to the general public. Crossmen announced their show back in mid-Decemeber, but it wasn't official until yesterday, because they made an official announcement on their website.

Camp announcements don't mean ####. Even if it is an open audience.

Man I sure was hoping we'd get Spongicus :laughing:

7777464.jpg

Phantom is taking a big chance, much like the tango show they did in 2004. "The Red Violin" is a great movie with a score by John Corigliano. This is passionate, modern stuff and I'm very interested in what they come up with.

The wikipedia entry is here.

An NPR story about the score is here - you need Real Player to listen.

Should be cool.

regards - Jim

That's too bad - I think it would make an interesting show.

regards - Jim

I believe if they used significant portions of the Corigliano score, we'd be seeing the largest placement drop in recent history. I'm so glad they are not pulling significant material from the film. We'd be talking about 10th, maybe 11th place at best. Just not a drum corps show music wise.

Think Shostakovich....and hopefully a remake of those wonderful red cocktail dresses from 1996!!!