Cannonball trumpets.

Donny Drum Corps

The info on the website makes it sound as though they anything but fragile. Supposedly they have a bigger bell size?

Advertised as good for all venues and playing purposes...jazz, legit, so on...

Well its more a lead horn, jazz venue, to mariachi big sound horn. I wouldn't play it, in a legit setting. I still do alot of church gigs and brass ensemble and I would use a Strad there, not one of them.But as its always said, it ain't always the horn.But on another note a person use to the openess of a g bugle might find it interesting.

I've got a big bell, black Alto Sax.

It was actually cheap for a professional model horn, and it's pretty great.

It's got a beefy sound, but I can still get a great classical tone out of it.

Oh and it is super durable(minus pads, but that's no issue for trumpets).

I'd strongly recommend the cannonball brand, and I'm sure the trumpets are great too.

The info on the website makes it sound as though they anything but fragile. Supposedly they have a bigger bell size?

Advertised as good for all venues and playing purposes...jazz, legit, so on...

Their advertising needs work... Jazz is as legit as anything else.

I'll have to look into this horn, at the rate he's going my nephew will be in the market for a Strad or equal in a year or so.

Yeah my son needs a horn to go to college with. Anybody have a strad they want to part with reasonably PM me...

The guy at the store I talked to said that he would buy the Cannonball over a strad...that piqued my interest.

Donny

I've played several Cannonball Bb trumpets, and they've all been duds. Not really any better than a normal Bach Strad, but then again...I hate Strads.

A better value would be Yamaha. You can mail-order a Yamaha Bb, and it will play just fine (for a better price, too). My Yamaha 8340EM Eric Miyashiro Bb outplays all the Schilkes and Strads I've ever played.