Most obscure corps you ever saw/competed against

Simple, think of the least famous corps you ever saw or even competed against.

Hopefully fun way to recognized these corps.

for me competed against (RCA/DCA/ICA):

Hershey Chocolatiers (pre and post merger with York, PA White Roses)

Johnsonburg Diplomats (if you ever were in Johnsonburg you must have been lost :thumbdown: )

Ohio Brass Factory (Hi Hairbear)

Blue Eagles (or was it Renaissance) - Wind Gap, PA (only saw them, but they beat our DCA low score record)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the Admirals of Lincoln, Nebraska? I believe they competed at the Legion Nationals prelims several times, including my first in 1966 in D.C.

Johnsonburg Diplomats (if you ever were in Johnsonburg you must have been lost :worthy: )

Blue Eagles (or was it Renaissance) - Wind Gap, PA (only saw them, but they beat our DCA low score record)

:worthy: Hey I was a J-burger, and there were many GOOD drum corps people there(just an A-H*** for a director). But anyway do you remember the Gardenstatesmen from NJ somewhere or the Cumberland Md. Freestatesmen . :thumbdown:

Member of both Blue Eagles and the when the name was changed to Renaissance which the director thought would make people forget the Blue Eagles. Anyhow, both corps worked extremely hard but the numbers game was against us as was the attitude of the corps' director who shot down several top notch instructors who wanted to help get the corps in the right direction but the corps director thought he was boss and things were to be done his way - it surely made the corps better didn't it? But we were all much younger in the 70's and early 80's when this corps existed and boy did we ever party hearty which helped soothe those low low scores. But on the positive side, I can remember the corps beating the Brass Factory on several occasions as well as the Yankee Rebels! And now today I just sit back and laugh and reminesce at those good old days.

Johnsonburg Diplomats (if you ever were in Johnsonburg you must have been lost :thumbdown: )

My first senior field competition season I marched with

are you ready for this

this is memorable

but few will remember

only thing even the upstaters remember is our almost 7 Ft tall major Sheldon K. Blank...

and it was

The Mexico Grey Barons

I've mentioned them before," The Barringer Walker Cadets ". They were always at the very bottom of the pack. I don't know where they were from, maybe NJ, but St. Rocco's would see them once in a while. Does anyone remember them besides me?

I've heard a story that at one show their score was not announced but when one closely examined the sheets they had received a 7.

Johnsonburg Diplomats (if you ever were in Johnsonburg you must have been lost :worthy: )

How about adding one you've marched with?... hehe

Photos from Ray Fudge.. :thumbdown::worthy:

1971, Bridgeport

Renegades from Everett, MA (RCA) Behind the tymps, I'm the 5th horn (Bari) from the right...

1971bridgeportrenegadesco2.th.jpg

1971bridgeportrenegades.th.jpg

1971 Bridgeport Retreat, Renegades Honor Guard on far right...

1971bridgeportrenegadesx.th.jpg

Edited by TennTux