WGI surprises and breakdowns

doing well:

corona, warren central, onyx, CNS HS

not doing as well as they hoped:

hmmm this is something i dont wish upon anyone...

Shen (i am crossing my fingers and hoping they get it back together, i heard they made changes so i cant wait to see how they do), Logan

I think SW holds many surprises this year for quite a few groups.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jury is still out but Code Black may be on the fringe this year after a break out year in IW last year. We haven't seen them at any competition lately and their first one didn't really start their season off with a bang scoring a 72 at the Houston regional....

I wish them the best, hopefully they'll get a good boost at the Dallas regional this weekend. It'll be interesting to see if Black Gold can give them a run for

their money.

i saw a recent video runthrough of aimachi sans audience and costumes and i must say they are brilliant! :smile:

the staging and equipment/movement vocabulary are superb and in the next few weeks the enchanced performance qualities will complete the magic! :tongue:

I will say it now. The gold belongs to SCV. That show is a perfect sequel to last year's show and it is just GORGEOUS.

regarding SCV,they are just GORGEOUS i agree!

however,i just watched NEI and at the same time i saw pride and fantasia! :tongue: seriously though they are impeccable!

their movement is consummate in the way it flows from phrase to phrase and it's congruous relationship to the equipment vocabulary is splendid!their performance levels are already fabulous at this time so i anticipate even greater levels of achievement by finals! :smile:

however,i just watched NEI and at the same time i saw pride and fantasia! :tongue: seriously though they are impeccable!

their movement is consummate in the way it flows from phrase to phrase and it's congruous relationship to the equipment vocabulary is splendid!their performance levels are already fabulous at this time so i anticipate even greater levels of achievement by finals! :smile:

I saw NEI on Fan Network and I must admit I was blown away by how different the show is for them and how CLEAN it was for so early in the season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SCV, but I wouldn't be upset if NEI took the Gold.

What did surprise me was the number of drops in Corona's show. I know the tricks they are doing are difficult as hell, but there is no way they should have kept them all in with that many people dropping.

The best part is, videos don't come close to doing this show justice. You absolutely MUST see it in person to get pick up all the detailing and individual nuances that are such a part of the overall performance. I had only seen the Fan Network video from Orlando prior to this weekend, and loved it then. Watching them in rehearsal and at the Atlanta regional this weekend brought it to a whole new level. I cannot wait to see them again in Dayton!

Here's a surprise! I just got done watching the video of Tennessee HS at the Atlanta Regional (SA) and this hidden gem of a show was a breath of fresh air. For being a scholastic A group, those girls sure are trained and perform well. The show really starts to cook half way through their performance and the design is fantastic. . .it's not preachy and does not carry an in-your-face theme... it's just good solid colorgaurd, that's done well. If you get the chance, try to catch this show either on the fan network or in person. Kudos to the performers and staff!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I saw NEI on Fan Network and I must admit I was blown away by how different the show is for them and how CLEAN it was for so early in the season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SCV, but I wouldn't be upset if NEI took the Gold.

What did surprise me was the number of drops in Corona's show. I know the tricks they are doing are difficult as hell, but there is no way they should have kept them all in with that many people dropping.

I love NEI I think they can take the gold. They have grown soooo much over the years. My fingers are crossed.