WGI surprises and breakdowns

i saw a recent video runthrough of aimachi sans audience and costumes and i must say they are brilliant! :smile:

the staging and equipment/movement vocabulary are superb and in the next few weeks the enchanced performance qualities will complete the magic! :tongue:

wait wait wait...what else is Aimachi bringing to Dayton this year? Everyone I've talked to has been anxious to see them back in Dayton. It will be no surprise that they'll be great - they always are a crowd favorite. But it's still killing me to find out what their show is about!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait wait wait...what else is Aimachi bringing to Dayton this year? Everyone I've talked to has been anxious to see them back in Dayton. It will be no surprise that they'll be great - they always are a crowd favorite. But it's still killing me to find out what their show is about!

Seems to me in all fairness they should be posting a video on the Fans Network just like every other colorguard competing in IW. IMO they have an unfair advantage with no one having seen them until prelims. Having said that I can't wait to see them!!!

Seems to me in all fairness they should be posting a video on the Fans Network just like every other colorguard competing in IW. IMO they have an unfair advantage with no one having seen them until prelims. Having said that I can't wait to see them!!!

How is this an unfair advantage?

I would consider it a disadvantage. The staff never gets judge feedback and the members never get a chance to "get the jitters out".

How is this an unfair advantage?

I would consider it a disadvantage. The staff never gets judge feedback and the members never get a chance to "get the jitters out".

At this point everyone is watching these videos over and over. We can find every great moment and disect it, we can find every bad transition and point it out. They are the only group attending national who are not up for all to see. Just seems to me like it levels the playing field no matter how you slice it.

I have also heard a rumor again the word is RUMOR that Aimachi was asked to submitt a video for evaluation to a judging panel. IF this is the case even more reason why they should post that same video on the Fans Network. Please do misunderstand me! I love them and can't wait to see them but it only seems fair.

Edited by backntheday

ars nova open is doing amazing this year. i love the new ending and they are going to be HOT at dayton. ars nova a is doing pretty well too.

anything about scholastic a guards? we get a lot of stuff on open and world, but there are several really good A's too.

ars nova open is doing amazing this year. i love the new ending and they are going to be HOT at dayton. ars nova a is doing pretty well too.

anything about scholastic a guards? we get a lot of stuff on open and world, but there are several really good A's too.

kewl thanx Whats there show about?

anyone else with any info

I'll take a stab at the Open and A classes just for fun:

Scholastic A

Milford (OH)

Croatan

Spanish River

Byrnes

Ind. A

Elizabethtown Ind.

O2

Scholastic Open

Lake Central

Kings

Mechanicsburg

Tarpon Springs

Crestview

Pope

Ind. Open

First Flight

USF

Wind

Opus 10 (AMAZING!!)

Just a few of my favorites... : )

In Scholastic A - I'll agree with Croatan, Spanish River, possibly Milford OH.....others to add are potential winner in SA ....Kokomo HS; Greenfield Central, Lafayette Jefferson, Westfield (possibly the most theatrical winter guard show i've witnessed in some years and Owen Valley. These are some very talented groups from Indiana. Good Luck to all groups this weekend at Ben Davis HS for the WGI Regional.