Feedback wanted on a website.....

Please take a peak and send suggestions on how to make this site better.

http://www.dkproductions.org

It was made on iWeb, which can be limiting at times. Not looking to completely redo the site just yet. We want to improve upon what we have first.

The goal was to make it informational and functional. Info inside is kind of vague as we are still in the process of planning the first major activity.

Thanks in advance!

Layout is nice and functional, navigation is strait forward, even the opening new windows is a good idea, and utilized well. (ie,, youth programs and forums).

My only complaint would be the background of the pages. The Dark Knights logo is good, but I feel should be a touch more lighter. It tends to interfere with the text on some of the pages. You can lighten that up to almost a transparent feel, and still have it seen.

Just some thoughts..

Layout is nice and functional, navigation is strait forward, even the opening new windows is a good idea, and utilized well. (ie,, youth programs and forums).

My only complaint would be the background of the pages. The Dark Knights logo is good, but I feel should be a touch more lighter. It tends to interfere with the text on some of the pages. You can lighten that up to almost a transparent feel, and still have it seen.

Just some thoughts..

Yes, I agree. That logo was placed in the background of most of the pages today. I had it at 30% opacity. It's now been changed to 20%. Little easier to read, huh? What do you think? Could be 25%, but 20% works...

I'd try 15% just for grins and giggles... something like a watermark...

I've never used iWeb,, mostly (okay, old skool) hand coded with notepad or Homesite. Homesite was bought by the Dreamweaver folks,,, so i went back to notepad LOL

I'd try 15% just for grins and giggles... something like a watermark...

I've never used iWeb,, mostly (okay, old skool) hand coded with notepad or Homesite. Homesite was bought by the Dreamweaver folks,,, so i went back to notepad LOL

15% done. The charcoal grey is almost invisible now. I'm ok with that because that color was designed to blend in with the black.

Better?

10%-ish is a more traditional watermark. Also bear in mind that anyone wanting to print the page out on a printer will be spending a fortune on ink. Just bear it in mind, since that fortune might have been better spent on donations to non-profits. It's also a bit slow on the dialup download, you might consider limiting the number of colors and upping the compression on graphics. So that anyone who's late to rehearsal and needing to find/print out directions on how to get there, isn't going to be another hour late waiting on the pages to load.

Not to belittle the name, but productions sounds more like a corporate entity, or full capacity recording service. Association, or the more common locally performing arts association might be less prone to mis-interpretation. At first glance anyway.

The Plan - well thought out I suppose, but is it realistic. As in are the people currently on board in it for the long run. Because it's a long term plan. A plan that might take twice as long as expected.

Otherwise good layout, nice look and such. I personally prefer the dark background and light text myself. So much easier to view with a hang over. But you've got to have a printer friendly version at some point. Especially if there's any information of any importance on the page(s).

10%-ish is a more traditional watermark. Also bear in mind that anyone wanting to print the page out on a printer will be spending a fortune on ink. Just bear it in mind, since that fortune might have been better spent on donations to non-profits. It's also a bit slow on the dialup download, you might consider limiting the number of colors and upping the compression on graphics. So that anyone who's late to rehearsal and needing to find/print out directions on how to get there, isn't going to be another hour late waiting on the pages to load.

Not to belittle the name, but productions sounds more like a corporate entity, or full capacity recording service. Association, or the more common locally performing arts association might be less prone to mis-interpretation. At first glance anyway.

The Plan - well thought out I suppose, but is it realistic. As in are the people currently on board in it for the long run. Because it's a long term plan. A plan that might take twice as long as expected.

Otherwise good layout, nice look and such. I personally prefer the dark background and light text myself. So much easier to view with a hang over. But you've got to have a printer friendly version at some point. Especially if there's any information of any importance on the page(s).

Thanks for the reply.

10% watermark: done. It's interesting that the thing that most people noticed was that watermark :D It started out at 30% I think.

While I like the site with a black background, I completely understand your concerns with printing. A viable solution may be providing a page with important documents to be printed. For example, a PDF with directions or a PDF of a fact sheet for individual programs.

As for the plan, it is always subject to change. However, I feel that the team we have working on this will be here for the long haul. Or at least until we see this project come to fruition. The Board is made up of several people that are experienced in non-profits and fundraising, not necessarily drum corps. We are determined to create a business entity that will have viable programs for New York.

sorry for taking while to get back to you..

10% works great i think..

the PDF ideas are very good as well...

If you want to try a different FREE tool try going to godaddy.com my wife threw this site together in about 20 minutes. The Andreasens My wife actually works for godaddy and it's a great company.