setting new standards?

dugg

who if anyone set new standards this season?

give details and explainations please.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who if anyone set new standards this season?

give details and explainations please.

When I think of setting new standards, I think of that as being the responsibility of the World Class. Not too many really tried to step outside the box. Particularly in SW, I thought it was just a lot of "good colorguard." (Nothin' wrong with that!) However, like them or not, I give credit to Logan for trying. Their characterization and pageantry was over the top. I'm not looking to start a post on how many people loved them or hated them.... just answering the question "who set new standards"? No one tried harder than they did this year... just my opinion anyway!

Santa Clara Vanguard set new standards relative to storytelling and emotion as effect.

Corona set new standards for equipment vocabulary (and finally came close to achieving said vocabulary).

Aimachi set new standards in theatrics, production value, and complexity.

It has to be said....

outstanding dancing soloist standard bar was raised by Braddock Ind World. I can't get that chick out of my head! Plus, she totally had the best ending to the show ever.

reminiscent of choreographer bob fosse's rich man's frug from "sweet charity"!

Santa Clara Vanguard set new standards relative to storytelling and emotion as effect.

Corona set new standards for equipment vocabulary (and finally came close to achieving said vocabulary).

Aimachi set new standards in theatrics, production value, and complexity.

OHHH YES.... Bravo on those editions. I especially thought those three were amongst the most memorable of guard shows I have ever seen.... and ohhhh have I seen more than my share. :)

I have to give a shout out to In Motion - their movement program was outstanding - as was the whole show concept.

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

I agree with the post above that I saw a lot of INCREDIBLE shows in Finals this year. Sooooooo many amazing performances out there - wow.

But in terms of "setting standards, I'd have to give props to Diamante. They showed us lots of new way to use equipment this year.

Their tandem rifle work is the best example of that.

One particular section of move that sticks in my head is the passage wherein a guy tosses a 6 or a 7 and a girl LEAPS into his arms and makes the catch.

They incorporated several moves like this into their show VERY successfully.

I also have to add Croatan to the list.

Watch what they were able to do in World Class with only 8 members. The show is mesmerizing and the training and technique from member to member is great.

Later,

Mike

It has to be said....

outstanding dancing soloist standard bar was raised by Braddock Ind World. I can't get that chick out of my head! Plus, she totally had the best ending to the show ever.

Agreed. The goal of her local circuit was to figure out that dance.