1975 RCA Cmpionships

Would you happen to have the 1975 Imperial Knights from Sudbury, Ontario show? I was with the corps from its inception until the end of the 1975 season and have recordings of all their RCA years except 1975.

I don't have them either - sorry.

And to the folks looking for RCA corps on video, I don't know of any (except maybe Phoenix).

(John Scott @ May 21 2009, 08:55 AM)

Would you happen to have the 1975 Imperial Knights from Sudbury, Ontario show? I was with the corps from its inception until the end of the 1975 season and have recordings of all their RCA years except 1975.

I don't have them either - sorry.

And to the folks looking for RCA corps on video, I don't know of any (except maybe Phoenix).

I have about 5 or 6 mins of the 1972 Renegades (Everett, MA) on 8mm... :laughing:

I know it's not '75 but it IS an RCA Corps on video. :tongue:

I don't think the home Camcorder came out for the general public until 1981 so you may be looking for something on Super 8.

I know that we had a few of our shows done on video between 1972 and 1975 as one of our members"borrowed" B & W equipment from the school that he worked at. These tapes have disappeared over the years. So maybe someone out there recorded those great RCA contests........ what the heck it is only 30 years after the fact

I have about 5 or 6 mins of the 1972 Renegades (Everett, MA) on 8mm... :laughing:

I know it's not '75 but it IS an RCA Corps on video. :tongue:

Your are lucky to have any material on your corps from that era. Someone said to me this week that they have a audio tape of my corps from 1971 on 8 track!!! (that was technology).

I took a look at http://drumcorpswiki.com/RCA and can not find reference to the Renegades and RCA

• 3 years later...

After all these years have past, I received a DVD of the Imperial Knights shows, originally done on 1" vedio, from 1972 and 1973. They were recorded at Guelph Royalaries RCA contests. Not the best of quality but many a memory

Edited by John Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I have an audio recording of the 1975 RCA Championships. It is not of very good quality and was recorded from the stands with a portable cassette tape recorder in Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton, Ont. Canada. It's on 2 cassette tapes...Here are the corps:

York White Roses

Johnsonburg Diplomats

Sudbury Imperial Knights

Dunkirk Patriots

Kingston Grenadier Yardmen

Hamburg Kingsmen

Brass Inc.

Erie Thunderbirds

Guelph Royalaires

Rochester Phoenix

• Like 1

I have an audio recording of the 1975 RCA Championships. It is not of very good quality and was recorded from the stands with a portable cassette tape recorder in Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton, Ont. Canada. It's on 2 cassette tapes...Here are the corps:

York White Roses

Johnsonburg Diplomats

Sudbury Imperial Knights

Dunkirk Patriots

Hamburg Kingsmen

Brass Inc.

Erie Thunderbirds

Guelph Royalaires

Rochester Phoenix

After all these years a tape has surfaced. Is there anyway I could get a copy of either the whole show or especially the Sudbury Imperial Knights? Also if sent to "Preserve Our Corps Memories" he may be able to restore and preserve the "only known copy" of that championship.

York White Roses

Johnsonburg Diplomats

Sudbury Imperial Knights

Dunkirk Patriots

Hamburg Kingsmen

Brass Inc.

Erie Thunderbirds

Guelph Royalaires

Rochester Phoenix

Did you get that recording from JohnJohn?

No I didn't get it from JohnJohn...LOL...Actually my old girlfriend (Previous to my wife...LOL) recorded it for me from the stands while imbibing with some friends. Hence the Emmaus Sentinels were not recorded as they probably had nature calling or needed a refill. Those RCA shows were pretty wild!I think you'll find the comments entertaining too!

I can make a copy for you John...Please send me your address and I'll send it to you!

All the best!

Steve Cooley