• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Chicago Connection

Blue Rock

BSGK

Minisink Warriors

Ray

Wow ... memory lane ... now that you mentioned those corps I remembered that the Chicago (Des Plaines/Skokie) Vanguard competed DCA for a few years ...

And pre-DCA, who could ever forget the Keesler Air Force Base drum corps at the first World Open in 1963!!!!

:-)

as i said before . we're talking competing corps. and yes they have. sorry.

Sorry, I don't count a year or two off the field parading as "dead". By that definition, the Crusaders would be among the fallen as well. And I certainly wouldn't give them that label either.

Sorry, I don't count a year or two off the field parading as "dead". By that definition, the Crusaders would be among the fallen as well. And I certainly wouldn't give them that label either.

sorry but yes they died for a while to. why do you have to take a swipe like that? that is just plain uncalled for. and for the record i could care less. i retired before you were born! :laughing:

sorry but yes they died for a while to. why do you have to take a swipe like that? that is just plain uncalled for. and for the record i could care less. i retired before you were born! :laughing:

Not a swipe at all. Don't make it a personal thing. I'm just saying that Sky is anything but dead. In fact, you can see the corps live this weekend in Oakland, Bayonne and Elmwood Park, NJ.

It seems that the words dead and inactive are being used interchangeably so as far as competitive corps are concerned...

It seems that the words dead and inactive are being used interchangeably so as far as competitive corps are concerned...

Well I guess that's my point. Even by those standards, the corps is not inactive. Just not competing this year.

Except the website lists like 5 different 'groups' within the organization. One being the competing corps and another being the street corps. From an outsiders prospective that is two separate things.

Except the website lists like 5 different 'groups' within the organization. One being the competing corps and another being the street corps. From an outsiders prospective that is two separate things.

what ever you want to call it they ain't competing. and now how many years has it been. and trust me besides cru they were my favorite corps back in the day. so someone tell me when will they be back from whatever? how can they have an alumni corps and not a competing corps from that area? what's up with that????

It's a toast guys!!!

Move along now...keep moving.