OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Thanks so much for the update. It seems like it is more difficult getting information on the Scouts' tour this year when compared with last year. The Scouts have posted few videos on the Fan Network. DCI has posted no vidoes of the Scouts' show on the Fan Network. I hope that all changes during the next few weeks.

Vic Russell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, MaestroBen, for the details on rehearsals. Much appreciated!! Anxious to hear how tonight's show Wows and Pows the crowd! :whistle:

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 The Cavaliers 85.950

2 Bluecoats 82.500

3 Blue Knights 79.700

4 Colts 74.800

4 Troopers 74.800

6 Madison Scouts 73.550

7 Cascades 65.550

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 The Cavaliers 85.950

2 Bluecoats 82.500

3 Blue Knights 79.700

4 Colts 74.800

4 Troopers 74.800

6 Madison Scouts 73.550

7 Cascades 65.550

So much for the pows and wows....4 days of cleaning with little score improvement. Top 12 not looking realistic at this point...which is really sad. Maybe they needed to get the bugs out tonight...man I hope so. Nothing against the Troopers and Colts...but come on....this is Madison!

here is hoping for that late surge

I have yet to see the show (#### you Fan Network!)...but I have always been a Madison Scouts fan. Here's hoping for spot in Finals!

Nothing against the Troopers and Colts...but come on....this is Madison!

Oh, let someone else play for once. :tongue:

My favorite summer marching was 1994. Why? It was because the second half of the summer was a dogfight. One night we'd beat VK, the next we'd lose, and the next we'd beat Boston. It brought out the best in all of us because every moment really mattered.

I honestly want Madison to push up and join the battle for 12th. Let's have a real competition that keeps the kids and the fans engaged for the rest of the summer. We may disagree on the corps we want to win, but I want things to stay close through Allentown.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the show tomorrow night.

So much for the pows and wows....4 days of cleaning with little score improvement. Top 12 not looking realistic at this point...which is really sad. Maybe they needed to get the bugs out tonight...man I hope so. Nothing against the Troopers and Colts...but come on....this is Madison!

'

Well I saw them live last night. The show has great potential....

I feel that it definitely has more musical and visual demand than both Troopers

and Colts...(Both were awesome last night by the way) but not necessarilly more GE at this

point, and that's what will decide scores more than anything.

The Scouts' closer is what concerns me right now. It needs to have more build-up

and better resolution musically, because like I said in my

review last night, it feels tacked on. If they can tweak that and keep cleaning,

I really feel they have the right vehichle to keep them in the top 12. The rest of

the show is great and has the POW factor...so come on guys, let's cank it up!

Edited by madalumni

Does anyone know if the closer is finished? They were worried about the length of the show at one point. I know they were taking out parts to add the "real" closer. Maybe they've not finished cutting and pasting yet.

Hang in there Scout fans. I have faith it will all come together soon.