DCP-I XII Season Discussion

Shhhhh..we are trying to go incognito this season..... :tongue:

Sorry, that corps name is already taken. :bigsmile:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI Chambersburg Scores are in:

1 Holy Name Cadets 74.600 2 Carolina Crown 73.100 3 Boston Crusaders 68.900 4 Glassmen 66.700 5 Colts 63.000

Wow, we got nineteen votes on the poll and it still looks like in pre-season we will be a little short of twelfth. The kids have been working hard. If we can just match the accomplishments in season XI, we will be very happy. If it turns out higher, than all the better to the corps. Good Luck to all and GO YANKEE REBELS!!!

DCI Chambersburg Scores are in:

1 Holy Name Cadets 74.600 2 Carolina Crown 73.100 3 Boston Crusaders 68.900 4 Glassmen 66.700 5 Colts 63.000

And Rockford is rained out. What a crappy start to your season...

Edited by Skylinersop16

Seriously, dead last in Washington for us?

Actually, I'm not surprised. We've had a fairly...minimal presence where people can hear about us. Plus, first-year corps.

But...and I hate to be saying this...watch out for the Texas Zephyrs. "Everywhere West" will surprise you! We might even make...SEMIFINALS!!!!

Seriously, though...how implausible is it for a corps to make what I call the "Star leap" (referring to Star of Indiana 1986, of course) and make finals for their division in their first year of existence?

Actually, I'm not surprised. We've had a fairly...minimal presence where people can hear about us. Plus, first-year corps.

But...and I hate to be saying this...watch out for the Texas Zephyrs. "Everywhere West" will surprise you! We might even make...SEMIFINALS!!!!

Seriously, though...how implausible is it for a corps to make what I call the "Star leap" (referring to Star of Indiana 1986, of course) and make finals for their division in their first year of existence?

In DCPI? Actually, pretty common, especially in live seasons which are more unpredictable. In my first season, Polaris finished 4th in World and Eden finished 2nd in Open (Aurora didn't exist until my second season). And I'm pretty sure one of the Shadow Org corps won a championship in his first season.

And to tack on to that, Nastalgia Perc. Ens. won Div III first year out and many rookie corps make finals. Just make sure you don't win quarterfinals if you want to make it to finals.

Ok, scores for last night are posted.... the formatting is off, we are still working on that, but I figured it was better to go ahead and post the numbers now, instead of waiting to make them look pretty.

I am posting full captions for the first 2-3 days, then will go back to the condensed scores except for the big shows.

Since there was only a 5 judge panel for the show last night, the captions that were missing were generated (Vis Performance, Guard, and Brass).

There is a very high range in scores, but that should settle down a bit once all of the corps have at least one show under their belts. Which should be after tonight unless something is rained out again.

Yeah my World Class corps Shadow won in our first year. I was surprised as anyone else, but it shows that it's possible! :rolleyes:

I would like to thank VK DM for giving us some great bulletin board material for tonight's show in Washington. The kids were hyped about performing thier show "Loud Music for Loud People" and performed it very well. We are excited about our gold medal tonight and look forward to competing against the best corps across dcpi this season. The California Knights may be new... but they are for real. Also kudos to VK3 for a great show. My kids, the Catalina Crusaders were very impressed and look forward to seeing them all season long. As for the rest of the the corps... look out... good things are happening out west !

James Hensley

C.R.A.S.S. Executive Director

California Knights

Tokyo Tornadoes

Catalina Crusaders

Cheney WA Predictions

Rearly does the VK Org. ever start the season with good scores. We have to scratch and claw our way into a good season. So here is a WILD guess as to how things will turn out tonight. :rolleyes:

World

The Elite Brigade

Rocky Mountain Thunder

Penguin Brigade

Titan Regiment

Velour Knights

Xpress

Killer Kats

Bay City Mystics

California Knights

THE Drum Corps

The PhilharCORPSmonic