Curiosity part 2

If it's found, they will take it. I'd suggest not to do it. No point.

Um, they can require you to leave, but they can't legally "take" your camera. :tongue:

Um, they can require you to leave, but they can't legally "take" your camera. :tongue:

i'll be at the show as well (have been to every show since 2000 at MTSU and the one year at TTU). i've never seen someone with a video camera there (other than DCI sanctioned film crews). DCI may not be able to take your camera, but I'll have no problem getting you removed from the stadium and have you erase the material.

DO NOT take any video of copyrighted material. IT IS ILLEGAL. you may not think much of it, but it'd be a lot different if BMI, Sony, or some other major music corporation/publishing house is slapping you with a lawsuit...which they can and will do.

Edited by chaos001

Ok,

I will be the first to tell you that if you want to do it, do it. A lot of corps are "ok" with you taking video as long as you don't distribute it on the internet and save it for personal use.

But after the season or near the end of the season they will probably stop caring.

Sorry, that would not be correct. Copyright piracy is an increasingly critical issue for the activity and no corps are ok with it. If you get caught, the media will be confiscated and you will be turned over to DCI and they will determine whether or not to prosecute you. It's really not worth it and it has a very detrimental effect on the activity.

Joe

Watch the show. That's what you're there for. You'll enjoy it more anyway if you don't have a camera pinned to your cheek.

HH

Yeah. Why miss out on the experience of seeing these great performance in their entirety by limiting yourself to what you can see in your viewfinder. There will be videos around, but you will not have another chance to watch these performance live.

Ill just stay away from it

That would be a good idea; incurring the wrath of DCI or the organizers is not worth it to make a crappy looking and sounding recording of a performance.

Sorry, that would not be correct. Copyright piracy is an increasingly critical issue for the activity and no corps are ok with it. If you get caught, the media will be confiscated and you will be turned over to DCI and they will determine whether or not to prosecute you. It's really not worth it and it has a very detrimental effect on the activity.

Joe

DCI has police officers there to confiscate your materials and detain you?

I'm not arguing about the copyright issues, but only law enforcement has a right to detain someone.

That being said, you should probably not bother. People need to also remember that these organizations and businesses are not "the law". Just saying...

We shouldn't be giving up too many rights. Only law enforcement has a "right" to search you, etc...

Edited by jjeffeory

DCI and stadium staff can ask you to leave/stop filming/erase film, but they can't make you do it. But they can stand there and wait for the police to show up if you want to make a big deal about it. And yes, there is law enforcement present at most events.

Joe

I am mistaken, I didn't read the part where he said "show" and thought it was a rehearsal for some reason...