Curiosity part 2

So this year im goin to my first DCI show down here in my home town of murfreesboro. I keep seeing on the internet videos people take of corps, but from what im told you cant bring video cameras into the stadium, but people do it. So im wondering if I do bring one in should I keep it well hidden? or do they not really care? if they do see you with it do they take it up? Im just wondering

So this year im goin to my first DCI show down here in my home town of murfreesboro. I keep seeing on the internet videos people take of corps, but from what im told you cant bring video cameras into the stadium, but people do it. So im wondering if I do bring one in should I keep it well hidden? or do they not really care? if they do see you with it do they take it up? Im just wondering

If it's found, they will take it. I'd suggest not to do it. No point.

The lot is one thing, the stadium is quite another... I definitely wouldn't bring it in the gates.

Its been done. Hypothetically, itd probably be easier if you just have a decent camera that can do video...(but not a professional camera, they dont like those either) then you could play it off as just taking pictures.

Not much point though, the atlanta show is just after that show. Just get yourself a cheap fan network subscription, and you'll be able to see all the shows there.

use it in the lot! I like seeing those videos online, particularly the hornlines warming up. Everyone and their mom films the drumlines and those are okay to a point.

I wouldn't take it into the stands. It is illegal as you know. As much as I like seeing pirated videos I would probably stop you if I sat next to you at the show.

Just because other people did it doesn't make it right. So don't.

Drum corps has a hard enough time making ends meet. Those who post unauthorized videos to YouTube and other sites deprive the corps and the activity of the opportunity to sustain themselves. It is tantamount to taking money out of the church collection plate (or at least persuading others not to contribute).

Watch the show. That's what you're there for. You'll enjoy it more anyway if you don't have a camera pinned to your cheek.

HH

Ok,

I will be the first to tell you that if you want to do it, do it. A lot of corps are "ok" with you taking video as long as you don't distribute it on the internet and save it for personal use.

But after the season or near the end of the season they will probably stop caring.

Ok,

I will be the first to tell you that if you want to do it, do it. A lot of corps are "ok" with you taking video as long as you don't distribute it on the internet and save it for personal use.

But after the season or near the end of the season they will probably stop caring.

Huh? I'm sure you are mistaken. While this might have been true previously it surely is not anymore. That is why there is an announcement before EVERY show saying recording video and audio is not allowed.

HH