The Denver Diner

There isn't really a pure "execution" score anymore. The subcaptions are supposed to reflect design and performance, but it's not a categorical distinction. If you don't have the demand, you cannot get a perfect score in performance even if it's technically flawless.

I shouldn't have used the word execution.....my fault. I'm referring to performance as opposed to ensemble and technique as opposed to content. While I agree with your basic premise I would argue that going with your theory the Troopers visual demand is not of greater "quality" than the Colts and does not constitute a .70 spread in performance better than the Colts in this caption. If their demand was that much greater to effect the performance caption it would have showed up in the ensemble caption as well. The difference in ensemble was .10 last night with the Colts having won that caption by .20 the night before. So therefore (based on my opinion and according to William Chumley) there must be quite a bit more for the Colts to clean.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God be with those children's souls. :thumbdown: oh the stories about Bob Smith i've heard. he'll get them up to snuff all right...and scare the you-know-what out of them!

LOL

The Cavaliers scores are refreshing for this fan to see. I always thought DCP was underrating them this year. After all, they tied Cadets in the only meeting of the two so far, and placed closer to Crown than the Cadets were able to, yet much of DCP still puts Cadets on a tier above the Cavaliers, the former as title contenders but not the latter. I don't know if this is a championship show, but I feel very good about staying top three.

same here I really doubt it will get as low as 5th or 6th as people predicted before the season even started (I know it's DCP blah blah I get it). I personally like the show now, hoping I'll love it come August.

i loved the cavaliers show. It's very them. they play with such good tone quality its scary sometimes. when they are at the top of their visual and musical game they can play with way such great tone quality. i have to applaud them because cavaliers brass is so clear and consistant.