The Denver Diner

I'm hoping the weather will cooperate... The skies are gray where I am in Lakewood (about 5 miles southwest of Invesco Field).

Aaaaaaaaand it's raining.

Edited by Dylan Ford

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaaaaand it's raining.

Debbie Downer here, I'm excited as heck to see this show tonight BUT, there are scattered showers approaching Denver with more it seems behind it... Hopefully they will clear out and they'll miss Invesco completely... GO BK, Maybe it's Snow coming....

Wes P

BK '97 '98

Debbie Downer here, I'm excited as heck to see this show tonight BUT, there are scattered showers approaching Denver with more it seems behind it... Hopefully they will clear out and they'll miss Invesco completely... GO BK, Maybe it's Snow coming....

Wes P

BK '97 '98

I've lived in Colorado all my life and am used to this weather, so maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

From weather.com:

9ftfo0.jpg

Ominous clouds in Glendale (about 15-20 minutes from the site) but no rain yet. This is my only show of the year and I called in sick for this sucker so it had better happen!

I've lived in Colorado all my life and am used to this weather, so maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

From weather.com:

9ftfo0.jpg

Would be just as well to check radar and satellite loops at your friendly neighborhood weather.gov.

My predictions, since others are doing it:

1. 87.8 Blue Devils

2. 86.0 SCV

3. 85.8 Cavies

4. 82.5 Bluecoats

5. 79.9 Blue Knights

6. 75.9 Colts

7. 74.9 Troopers

8. 74.7 Madison Scouts

9. 69.9 Mandarins

10. 65.9 Cascades

Not likely since Troop and Colts tied last night at the same show. No way Colts pull ahead by a whole point. Troopers will shock some folks tonight is my prediction.

If say 80% of the corps performed then the show when into rainout mode..would they score those corps that performed?

They have done that before. Other times they've wiped out the scores from corps who previously performed. It's a crap shoot!

One I remember specifically is Precision West in Concord, CA, the night of the infamous "Blue Devils Blackout". They posted the Open Class (then D II/III), but not the World Class even though SCV had completed their performance. June 19, 1999?

Garry in Vegas

If say 80% of the corps performed then the show when into rainout mode..would they score those corps that performed?

They usually give the corps who performed the recaps and tapes, but they don't make the scores public. This was a few years ago though. Not sure now.