If You Could Go Back

I have no idea if this has been done before, so spare me if I am repeating this. If you had the ability to go back and march one show, be it any show in the history of drum corps, what show would it be and why?

My choice would have to be Star of Indiana 1993. I find that show so powerful and innovative; it brought so much more to the activity. Plus both the brass and percussion sections from that year became the stuff of legend.

So go ahead and share your thoughts below, and most importantly, have fun with this!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison Scouts 1995 @ Buffalo. This was a legendary performance by a lead soprano line. :blink:

No question for me, SCV '73 DCI Championship. Everything about that whole season was "Golden", starting with the rehearsals, all the shows, all the way to finals night. A season to remember...

I was lucky enough to have marched in my #1 choice - Madison '88.

The feeling of playing the last minute of that show has yet to be superceded by any exhiliaration or rush of any kind since.

1980 Bridgemen with out a doubt our best Year. To bad I was 25 that year.

Were you still marching with Muchachos :tongue: (just kidding....)

I would have marched 1976 Blue Devils - Philly finals - on the North Tenors.

Garfield 86 or 27th Lancers 94

1981 Madison Scouts at DCI Midwest in Whitewater, WI.

We won the show.

Every big time corps was there & winning this show is the highlight of my Drum Corps career.

This is the recording that is on the 1981 DCI DVD since finals in Montreal wasn't televised.

Were you still marching with Muchachos :shutup: (just kidding....)

I would have marched 1976 Blue Devils - Philly finals - on the North Tenors.

Now, now LancerLegend, no need to stir the pot, :devil: besides, wasn't '78 Muchachos last year? Funny as hell though! :shutup:

I played in the USMC D&B with the center tenor from 1976 Blue Devils, great guy.

Now, as far as my choice, there's no way I could narrow it down to one show, no way ever. But still a great question. If you ask for one song, hands down, Blue Devils, "When a Man Loves a Women" closer.

OK, how about different songs from different shows.

Kick-off, Madison Scouts "Slaughter"

Concert, Bridgemen, "Spanish Fantasy/Dream" whatever it was from '78

I already named my closer.

Only problem, where's the SCV song?

Dang, this is tough!

1970 Brookhaven Crusaders.

Why? That was my corps, we had an OK year and I would do it again.

1978 Reading Buccaneers.

Why? It was my corps and we were having a down year. Every rehearsal, every performance, every minute together was a struggle for survival. I listen to that Firebird Finale and that double high F the sops held forever and pushing every last ounce of air out of my lungs doing it with my fellow Buccaneers. We knew we were out of the placement race, that performance was for us and the fans. I would do that again.

Through all my years in drum corps, there have always been cooler songs, drills, equipment, and more winning seasons than I ever personally saw, but even if I could go back, I would spend every minute reliving the best shows of MY life.