2009 Dayton Summer Classic

At the thunder clap when the DM salutes, the guard breaks away and starts running as if they were caught in the rain. Some have umbrellas, but one has newspaper, which she stuffs under a yard marker when she gets up front to grab her flag.

Mellos a little ragged on their feature to open Two Tribes.

I'm between the 25 and 30 on side one, the tubas are right in front of me, and I STILL hear the synth bass more than them. Not good.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now into Hello, the ballad. The horn line gets "blown away" by the wind of the storm before getting into formation and marching again. Trumpet soloist is having some issues, sounds like he might need to rest his chops before Tuesday.

Didn't notice this before - the underside of the guard's umbrellas have clouds and sky showing. Nice effect.

Guard on two flags up front, drums on one in the back. Lots of color to this moment.

NOW I can hear the tubas. Chrono Cross is up. Drums coming up front for their feature.

Nice stick work to start. Very clean performance. This line could give some World Class drummers a run for their money.

Capital Regiment in action:

r3f.jpg

Trumpets a little blatty on the final stabbing chords before the beginning of New Century Dawn.

Ahh, they watered down the opening of NCD for the trumpets, too. Less double tonguing, more clean.

Excellent job by the trumpet duet!

Tempo picks up, speeding up even more as we build into the big finish.

Lots of excitement from the crowd.

Wow, one of the guard members just got handed a pair of crutches. She's hurt, but she performed the whole show. Impressive.

Ahhh, cadence to troop the stands. #### good one, too.

Lots of excitement from the crowd.

Wow, one of the guard members just got handed a pair of crutches. She's hurt, but she performed the whole show. Impressive.

I guess it is that "drum corps Drive" that lets them perform when they are hurt like that

Next on the field is the Spirit of Newark from Newark, New Jersey. Their 2009 program is entitled "The WHITE Show: A Tribute to the 60's" and consists of:

A Whiter Shade of Pale by Reid, K.; Brooker, G.

Nights In White Satin by Dawson, Jay

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane