• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit

Edited by byline

edit

Edited by byline

Here's a list of stadium related complaints:

1. I bought a bottle of water and was not allowed to have the cap. I know when the Buffalo Bills are getting stomped by the NY Jets, fans like to throw them, but I doubt anyone would throw one at the Boston Crusaders for beating the Madison Scouts.

Don't go to Indy then. The Ricca Dome had the same policy and I imagine Lucas Oil Barn is continuing it.

Yea, Buffalo is the worst place for drum corps! Just can't get anything right there...Bills four blown Super Bowl attempts. Sabres...same in the Stanley Cup Finals, Braves left town, yada yada yada. How many corps vanished from that area. Buffalo and drum corps don't mix

BUT WAIT.....attendance records made at DCI Championships? Yes!

Is it the show sponsors fault that water bottles can't have caps?

So the singer for the anthem was late. Is there a written National law that says "all drum corps events must play the National anthem before the competition can begin? It was a mix up and they handled it the best they can.

As for the announcers....who cares? You're there for the corps. I watched DCI on TV years ago and heard Carmine Appice ask for guitars, big deal. They were probably asked to do this gig for a few dollars so why complain?

Many of your complaints may not be for the show sponsors but maybe for the stadium (Buffalo Bills).

I will say that Orchard Park isn't as close to Lake Erie as the ball field in downtown Buffalo but maybe safer. University of Buffalo's stadium isn't built for drum corps so what other choices do they have? Just the fact that there is still a show in Buffalo is a wonderful thing. In the 1970's the Royal Coachmen brought in Phantom Regiment for a 1973 show and until DCI came to Buffalo all we had was the NT Open....Blue Devils won the first NT Open, when they wore the blue satin blouses with the white stripe.

If you have complaints, e-mail the DATW director but why trash Buffalo?

Many of your complaints may not be for the show sponsors but maybe for the stadium (Buffalo Bills).

I will say that Orchard Park isn't as close to Lake Erie as the ball field in downtown Buffalo but maybe safer. University of Buffalo's stadium isn't built for drum corps so what other choices do they have? Just the fact that there is still a show in Buffalo is a wonderful thing.

Good points. As I said in my reply, none of these things will stop me from going to the show, as the overall experience, for me, was overwhelmingly positive. Yes, there were a few glitches, but we all survived and enjoyed a great evening of drum corps!

No doubt abot the fact that the Blue Devils are clean, but their show lacks the excitement of Santa Clara's. The Vanguard has been the favorite of crowds all year long. Polite applause for the Devils, Standing Ovations for the Vanguard. This should be a great week in Indiana since the gap is closing fast.

Is it the show sponsors fault that water bottles can't have caps?

So the singer for the anthem was late. Is there a written National law that says "all drum corps events must play the National anthem before the competition can begin? It was a mix up and they handled it the best they can.

As for the announcers....who cares? You're there for the corps.

but why trash Buffalo?

I must respond to a few of your points.

1. I didn't mean to blame directly the stadium or the show sponsor, it doesn't matter to me. I had a negative experience at Buffalo, so I trashed Buffalo.

2. As far as the National Anthem ordeal, my point was that they should have relayed to the fans what the situation was, so you are wrong in saying they did the best they could. I think the fans would have understood if it was told to them.

3. Like it or not, the announcer are a part of the show.

I will say that Orchard Park isn't as close to Lake Erie as the ball field in downtown Buffalo

"Is that rain??? Ohh no it's a swarm of mayflies!!!! run for your life!!!"- '99 at the "ball park" in Buffalo..

Also..

"Hey Ben, Your last set for the ballad is on the pitchers mound so be careful!"...

BTW

Mayflies suck! Found them in Port Huron a few days later....

Back to your regularly scheduled program!